Bowling News USA - March 26, 2015 Chad McLean joins Team Storm’s Technical Department
Pictured L-R: Storm Technical Director Steve Kloempken and Chad McLean.
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah - Storm Products’ Technical Director Steve Kloempken announced this afternoon that Chad McLean will be joining the Storm family in Brigham City, Utah as the Technical Customer Service Representative. A role that became available last month when Mike Sargent left to pursue his passion for pro shop ownership and operation.
As the Technical Customer Service Representative, Chad will provide consumers and pro shops with technical advice and support regarding Storm and Roto Grip equipment including but not limited to accessories, bags, maintenance products and gear along with managing our warranty programs.
Additionally, McLean will be integral in the development and implementation of associated technical documents and materials. TCSR is also charged with assisting the R&D Team with market research and development from a technical standpoint and will aid in the technical aspects of new-product marketing videos, live streaming and digital broadcasting. Chad will also be involved with the testing process of new products.
A native of Grand Junction, Colorado, Chad joins Team Storm after spending the last 5 years as a pro shop owner/operator in the Gainesville region where he quickly climbed the ranks as a top ball-fitter by applying knowledge of anatomy, physiology and physics to the sport science of bowling. McLean started his love-affair with bowling at the age of 3. A very active student/athlete in high school, he grew up participating in several sports including baseball, basketball, soccer and track but, bowling became the only one to stick.
Graduated with Honors Top of Class from Kennesaw State University (Georgia) with a bachelor’s degree in Exercise & Health Science. He moved to Gainesville, Florida to advance his education in pursuit of a master’s degree in Exercise Physiology from University of Florida but chose to focus energy on his professional bowling career and owning a pro shop. Served as a coach for the Florida Gators from 2010-2015.
“Technical customer service is a vital function of our overall business platform”, Storm technical director Steve Kloempken said. “Chad’s knowledge and understanding of our products, services and warranties programs along with his vast knowledge of the sport acquired through an accomplished bowling career, is the perfect fit for this position.”
Chad and wife Mandy now reside in Ogden, Utah and the couple has one Daughter (Kenzie).
About Storm Products, Inc.
Storm Products Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of high performance bowling equipment featuring the Storm, Roto Grip and Master Brands. For everything thing Storm and Roto Grip visit stormbowling.com and rotogrip.com
Photo | Storm Products, Inc.
- 3/26/2015: Chad McLean joins Team Storm’s Technical Department
- 3/26/2015: Barb Chrisman receives Weber State University Women's Center WOW Award
- 3/26/2015: The Boys Are Back In Town! Full 2015 PBA Schedule
- 3/26/2015: PBA Spare Shots: Entries open April 1 for PBA Grand Casino Hotel & Resort Summer Swing
- 3/26/2015: IBC NEWS: Five youth bowlers receive Earl Anthony Memorial Scholarship
- 3/26/2015: #TBT 2014 PBA League Elias Cup Finals
- 3/26/2015: USBC Open Championship News: North Dakota bowler leads three events
- 3/25/2015: The FORECASTER: Portland rolls out the red carpet for pro bowlers
- 3/25/2015: Strike Ten Entertainment teams with ReelzChannel to launch Free Game of Bowling campaign
- 3/25/2015: Storm celebrating 30th Year Anniversary with limited edition collector ball to be unveiled on STORM LIVE