Bowling has been my life and from my early teens onward the only thing I wanted to do was bowl and be involved in the industry. I’ve been lucky enough to be able to do that—as a competitor I had success as an amateur and professional bowler and on the business side I’ve been a pro shop operator and owned and operated Hawthorn Lanes. I’ve written over 300 instructional articles for various bowling publications since I started teaching professionally in 1980. I’ve been a USBC Gold Level Coach since 2000 (I was one of the first 20) and have been a Team USA Coach since 2017.
It was through bowling that I met my wife Barb in 1980 and we have two sons, Robby and Jimmy who are both excellent bowlers.
Outside of the lanes Barb and I enjoy going to our health club on a daily basis where we do a variety of classes including Yoga, Pilates, Total Body Conditioning and Spin. I also enjoy playing golf.
I’ve had many highlights in my career on and off the lanes, but I feel being inducted into the ABC/USBC Hall of Fame in 2001 is my biggest honor.
- 3 PBA National Titles
- 9 PBA Regional Titles
- 1996 USBC Open Championships Team All-Events Champion as a member of the Pollard’s Bowl Team with a still record 10,425
- 13 Top 10 Finishes in the USBC Open Championships
- Bowled my 50 USBC Open Championship in 2017
- Member of 7 bowling Halls of Fame including the USBC Hall of Fame
- New Have County CT Hall of Fame 1992
- Connecticut State Hall of Fame 1992
- Lake County IL Hall of Fame 1999
- Illinois State Hall of Fame 1999
- USBC Hall of Fame 2001
- Chicagoland USBA Hall of Fame 2009
- New England Bowlers Association Hall of Fame 2017