I started bowling when I was 7 years old. Growing up, my parents exposed me to every sport. I enjoyed them all but I loved bowling. I love to compete. I love to have my heart race that certain way. I love to win. I think you have to learn how to win. I was fortunate to win my first tournament I ever bowled in. The 1986 BPAA US OPEN. I was in high school and I think it sent me on into my pro career, knowing how to win.
I am a silver level coach and enjoy giving back to the game that has given me my life. I love to teach and see the light bulbs go on when the students understand. I work for an awesome company–High Roller, running bowling/military tournaments in Las Vegas.
I love spending time with my family and friends. I love to smile and laugh. If I had not been involved in the bowling industry, I would of been a detective. I am fascinated by crime scenes. I could listen to and learn about forensics all day.
- 20 Career titles including 6 majors (3 USBC Queens, 2 Sam’s Town Invitationals, 1 US Open)
- 1 PBA Women’s Series title (2009 Earl Anthony Medford Open)
- 10 Japanese Professional Bowling Association titles
- 4-time PWBA Player of the Year (1996, 1997, 1999, 2000)
- 5-time USBC Women’s Championships titlist (1994, 2007 All-Events, 2000, 2002, 2004 Team)
For full PBA statistics of Wendy Macpherson, click here.