I started bowling at age 9, and from that very first day of youth league, I fell in love with the sport. I dreamed every day of becoming a professional bowler, and I spent nearly every waking hour in the bowling center as a teenager, working towards that dream. Fast forward to today, I never could have imagined the influence and the impact that bowling would have on nearly every facet of my life. Ultimately, I feel very fortunate to have spent 20 years bowling on the Professional Bowlers Tour. That opportunity and experience allowed me to travel throughout the U.S. and around the world doing what I loved, making so many great friends along the way, and for all of that I am grateful. Nowadays, things seem to have come full circle, as my career now involves teaching the game to youth bowlers, many of whom have that same dream that I once held, years ago.
When I’m not spending time in the bowling center, I enjoy doing activities with my kids, Kayla and Kyle. While they are both grown, we still have fun doing anything from escape rooms to golf, movies to fishing, disc golf to board games, and searching out great restaurants. These are the times I live for. My kids are my world, and I am so proud of everything they do, and moreover, what amazing adults they have grown to be.
I also enjoy watching sports, with my favorite teams being Wichita State, Kansas State, the KC Royals and the KC Chiefs. I also enjoy watching golf and was fortunate a few years ago to attend The Masters in Augusta, Georgia, with my son. I love the outdoors and warm weather. I like trying different craft beers, enjoy listening to country and classic rock music, and my idea of a relaxing day is a rack of ribs or brisket on the smoker, while enjoying one (or more) of those craft beers.
- 2013 USBC Hall of Fame Inductee
- Additional Hall of Fame Inductions: 1998 NJCAA, 1998 GWBA (Wichita Bowling Assn), 2001 Kansas State Men's Bowling Assn, and 2008 Wichita Sports Hall of Fame
- 2014 Senior Team USA - Tournament of Americas: 6 Gold Medals
- 1997 PBA National Champion (currently known as PBA World Championship)
- 1988 ABC(USBC) Open Championships: Team All-Events Champion, Individual All-Events Champion
- 1988 PBA Rookie of the Year
- 1987 ABC(USBC) Masters Champion
- 1987 Team USA FIQ World Championships(Helsinki): 2 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze
- 1987 Collegiate Team Champions-Wichita State University
- 1987 Collegiate Bowler of the Year