I have been married to Karen since 1993 and we have one son, Branden, and live in Florida near Orlando. I grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan from way back as most Texans are and I enjoy golfing, fishing, boating and pretty much everything outdoors.
Bowling for a living is so different than most people think. It requires a tremendous commitment to excellence as well as a willingness to expose yourself to failure on a constant basis. Add in a myriad of travel delays and time away from the family – just being happy becomes a chore.
The players that mentally manage the grind of the Tour and are able to stay in love with the sport are the ones that have the best chance of sustaining a good career. I have been on the PBA Tour for 38 years and I am as committed now as when I started out in 1982.
- 40 PBA National titles including 2 in 2019
- 7 major titles - 1993 USBC Masters, 1994 PBA Tournament of Champions, 2000 PBA National Championship, 2008 PBA World Championship, 2008 and 2011 U.S. Open, 2008 Denny’s World Championship
- 2-Time PBA Player of the Year (1994 & 2000)
- 4-time George Young High Average Award (1991, 1994, 2005-06, 2006-07)
- Inducted into the following Halls of Fame; USBC Hall of Fame (2002), PBA Hall of Fame (2009)
- Ranked 7th among 50 Greatest Players in PBA History
- 5 PBA50 titles including 2 Majors – 2014 Sr U.S. Open, 2016 PBA50 World Championship
- 2014 PBA50 Rookie and Player of the Year
For full PBA statistics of Norm Duke, click here.