I grew up in Amarillo, Texas and I started bowling when I was thirteen. I attended West Texas State University after I graduated High School. I was a part of their nationally ranked bowling team for four years. I Joined the PBA in 1989 and married my high school sweetheart in 1994. We have 3 great children: Ross (21), Will (19) and Maggie (14). Ross and Will also bowl for West Texas A&M where my twin brother Mark is the coach. While Maggie bowls for me on the Randall Raiders High School team. I've been married to Melanie for 24 years and she has been my rock throughout my career. I enjoy spending time with my family and coaching High School Bowling.
A quote that always gets me through the tough times is something my junior coach told me 40 years ago: "Believe in yourself and good things will happen".
- 8 PBA National Titles (Including two majors: 2005 Masters, 2009 US Open)
- 3 PBA50 National Titles
- PBA50 Rookie of the Year
- 45 PBA Regional Titles (39 regular regional titles, 6 PBA50 regional titles)
- Inducted into the PBA Southwest Region Hall of Fame in 2014
- Inducted into the PBA Hall of Fame in 2017
- I'm 20th on the all-time money list ($1,563,326.00)
- I still hold the PBA record for most consecutive 200 games (79 games in a row)