I was born and raised in Long Beach,Ca. I have lived throughout So Cal , Las Vegas, and settled in Phoenix, Az. I started bowling at age 5. My Grandfather would go every weekend and sometimes my Uncle would join him. I begged them to let me bowl, and at 5 they finally let me. I joined the PBA in 1994 and started touring full time in 1998. I made my first telecast in Austin,Tx. It took 200 events to win my first PBA National Title, but it was well worth it. I am very lucky because all I ever wanted to do was to bowl for a living.
I have been married to my wife Phuong since April 8, 2016. You may have seen me propose to her on ESPN after winning the Scorpion Championship in 2014. In our spare time we play lots of golf and enjoy binge watching on Netflix.
- 1997 & 2014 PBA Western Region Player of the Year
- 2017 PBA50 Rookie of the Year
- 2018 PBA50 Player of the Year
- 22 PBA Regional Titles
- 5 PBA National Titles (1 major 2008 Tournament of Champions)
- 6 PBA50 Senior Regional Titles
- 3 PBA50 Senior National Titles (1 major 2017 US Senior Open)
For full PBA statistics of Michael Haugen, click here.