Everything I have in my life is directly related to our great sport of bowling and I will be eternally grateful. I bowled full time on the women's tour for 18 years, traveled across the United States many times and also a few trips overseas to Japan and Australia. My first vacation without bowling balls was my honeymoon to Hawaii with my husband, Gary in 2007. Our son, Barrett was born in 2009 and my biggest victory in bowling was winning the US OPEN in 2011 at Dallas Cowboy's Stadium with both of them there with me.
In 2011, I co-founded the Youth Bowlers Tour, a monthly event that awards scholarships for the youth bowlers of Northern California. After 4 years, we have awarded more than $160,000 in scholarships.
My hobbies are walking my dog, Tahoe and playing sports at the park with my son. My favorite sport to watch is football and my team is the 49ers. My favorite restaurant is Carrabbas because I love Italian food…and bread…and wine. I am very old-fashioned and enjoy all kinds of music... Frankie Valli, Michael Buble, Adele, Green Day, The Killers, Five for Fighting, and the Bee Gees. The last 4 concerts I've been to were Josh Groban, The Killers, Michael Buble and Green Day…and they were all awesome.
- 27 PWBA National titles including 2 major titles (1-USBC Queens, 1-US Women's Open)
- 3-time USBC Women’s Championships titlist (2005 Classic Singles, 2006 Classic Doubles, 2007 Classic Team)
- 12-time Bowlers Journal All-American and 1-Time member of Team USA in 2012
- Inducted into the USBC Hall of Fame in 2008
- 1990, 1991 and 2002 PWBA Player of the Year
For full PWBA statistics of Leanne Hulsenberg, click here.