Bowling News USA - June 10, 2014 2015 USBC QUEENS Shifts To May With Live ESPN2 Finals, Barette-Hulsenberg Reflects On Major
ARLINGTON, Texas - The 2015 United States Bowling Congress Queens presented by Storm will shift dates to May next year with the finals being broadcast live on ESPN2.
The Queens will take place at Ashwaubenon Bowl in Green Bay, Wis., starting May 13 and concluding with the nationally televised finals at 8 p.m. Eastern on May 19. The USBC Senior Queens will also take place during the same timeframe. Both events were previously scheduled for late summer in 2015.
"We are excited to move the USBC Queens to a slot in the traditional bowling calendar with live national television exposure in primetime," USBC Interim Executive Director Chad Murphy said. "Green Bay will be a great host city for our 2015 events, and I greatly appreciate their support and flexibility."
USBC recently announced the USBC Masters is scheduled to take place Feb. 2-8 as part of the 2015 Professional Bowlers Association Tour schedule.
"Our bowling industry partners, sponsors and members tell us they receive more value having major events during bowling season and throughout the calendar," Murphy said. "USBC's mission is to provide service for the sport and I am confident these schedule changes provide the best service to all of bowling."
In addition to the Queens and Senior Queens, USBC will hold four of its other major events in Green Bay in 2015. The USBC Senior Masters, USBC Summer Team USA Trials and USBC Senior Championships will take place in late summer.
2011 US Open Champion and USBC Hall of Famer Leanne Barrette-Hulsenberg speaks fondly of the USBC Queens as a highly-sought after Major tournament title.
“The Queens tournament is a very special tournament for many reasons. It has been held every year from 1960 and has loads of bowling history. Bowlers come from all countries to participate in the Queens and there have been many international champions crowned. And, it’s a very difficult tournament to win and that’s why it’s classified as a MAJOR title.”
United States Bowling Congress
The United States Bowling Congress serves as the national governing body for the sport. USBC is a membership organization that provides standardized rules, regulations and benefits to make bowling fair and fun for everyone.
The interactive home of USBC is BOWL.com. Go to twitter.com/USBC for the fastest USBC headlines.
- 6/30/2014: Bill Chrisman and Dave Symes Recognized By All-Navy Bowling Program
- 6/30/2014: Belmo Makes Stepladder Finals for PBA King of the Swing Finale, Tomorrow on CBS Sports Network
- 6/30/2014: Fagan Claims PBA Secoma Lanes Northwest-West Open Trophy
- 6/30/2014: Hamilton Leads After Two Rounds at 2014 Queens With Kulick, Dorin-Ballard and Asbaty In Top 10
- 6/29/2014: Martin Larsen Defeats Fellow Storm Staffer Dom Barrett At II Brunswick Madrid Challenge, to Win 8th EBT Title
- 6/27/2014: Zavjalova Prepped for Queens Title Defense, Major Kicks-Off Tomorrow In Reno
- 6/25/2014: Storm Products Rolls Out Five New Roto Grip Balls Today In Orlando
- 6/25/2014: Kegel's Cross Receives JARYSZAK LANEMAN AWARD
- 6/25/2014: PBA Creates New Women’s Regional Tour Program; Six Points Leaders to Advance to PBA World Series VI
- 6/25/2014: Belmonte, Malott, Rash, Weber Nominated for “Best Bowler” ESPY - Voting is Underway
- 6/25/2014: Belmonte Conquers Challenging Conditions, Topples Tackett Again to Win PBA Oklahoma Open
- 6/24/2014: PBA Oklahoma Open Finals Tonight on CBS Sports Network, Belmo and Loschetter Make Stepladder Finals
- 6/24/2014: Oklahoma Team Shatters Record at USBC Open, Storm Staffer McMartin Part of History-making Performance
- 6/23/2014: Chad Murphy Officially Named USBC Executive Director
- 6/21/2014: Indiana Team Rolls Highest Game In USBC Open Championships History, Led By Storm's Terry Rohrer
- 6/20/2014: Washington State Bowler Perfect at 2014 Women's Championships, Congratulations Anna Green From Storm Products!
- 6/20/2014: Liz Johnson 2014 National Polish-American Sports HOF "Excellence in Sports Award" Recipient
- 6/19/2014: Tom Baker Wins PBA50 Northern California Classic For 11th Career PBA50 Tour Title, Using New Storm Optimus
- 6/19/2014: Storm, UBA Relationship Continues to Grow - Next Up Unholy Alliance III Mixed Trios Tournament June 28 & 29
- 6/18/2014: UAB Bowling Adds Pair For 2014-15 Season
- 6/18/2014: 19th Annual International Bowl Expo Now Just Seven Days Away
- 6/18/2014: Two-time PBA50 Player of the Year Ron Mohr Tops Qualifying After Northern California Classic Second Round
- 6/18/2014: Bill O’Neill Doubles in 10th, Derails Brian Valenta’s Title Hopes in PBA Badger Open
- 6/17/2014: 2014 TAT Summer Classic Presented By Storm
- 6/17/2014: Tom Baker Averages 246.6 to Lead PBA50 Northern California Classic First Round
- 6/17/2014: PBA Tour Badger Open Finals Tonight on CBS Sports Network, Weber and Kent Make Stepladder Finals
- 6/16/2014: PBA50 Tour Northern California Classic - Roto Grip's Ron Mohr Leads Qualifying After Eight Games
- 6/16/2014: Shafer Champions PBA Howell Lanes East Open Title
- 6/14/2014: Walter Ray to Try for Third Consecutive PBA50 Northern California Classic Title, Weber and Baker Among Participants
- 6/14/2014: Walter Ray Wins USBC Senior Masters for First PBA50 Major Title
- 6/13/2014: Two-Time PBA National Tour Champion and Storm Athlete Jack Jurek Sits Atop USBC Senior Masters Match Play Finals
- 6/13/2014: Twelve Bowlers Still In Contention at USBC Senior Masters
- 6/12/2014: Williams Powers Into Top Qualifier Honors AT USBC Senior Masters, Weber Still in the Hunt
- 6/11/2014: Voss Continues to Lead at USBC Senior Masters, Weber Drafting Closely Behind
- 6/11/2014: Indiana’s Ronnie Russell Wins First PBA Tour Title on U.S. Soil in PBA Bear Open
- 6/10/2014: 2015 USBC QUEENS Shifts To May With Live ESPN2 Finals, Barette-Hulsenberg Reflects On Major
- 6/10/2014: Voss On Top at USBC Senior Masters After Round 1
- 6/09/2014: Winner of Storm Byte Contest Visits ITRC
- 6/09/2014: Reducing Muscle Tension with Foam Rolling
- 6/09/2014: Rhino Makes PBA Bear Open Finals Stepladder, Tune In Tomorrow On CBS Sports Network
- 6/09/2014: Sin Li Jane Retains Singapore Open Title, Backing Up Euro-Med Storm International Masters Challenge Win
- 6/09/2014: Storm Products' 3rd Annual Wounded Warrior Event At Bethesda Naval Hospital Bowling Center
- 6/08/2014: Shayna Ng Crowned Singapore Sportswoman of the Year
- 6/07/2014: Duke Edges Out Weber To Win PBA50 Senior US Open, First Player To Champion Both Open Titles
- 6/06/2014: PBA50 Senior US Open: Four Hall of Fame Finalists Including Storm Staffers Norm Duke and Pete Weber
- 6/06/2014: Duke Posts 14-2 Match Play Record to Surge into Suncoast PBA Senior U.S. Open Lead After Sixth Round
- 6/06/2014: Weber, Duke Leading Pack Chased by 3 Other Hall of Famers With Baker and Jurek On Their Heels
- 6/06/2014: Weber Leads Group of Hall of Famers in Top Five After Fifth Round of Suncoast PBA Senior U.S. Open
- 6/05/2014: Junior Gold Program Sets Membership Record
- 6/05/2014: Storm Agrees To Become Team England Sponsor
- 6/05/2014: Johnson Defeats Jensen to Win Second EBT Title in Odense, Denmark
- 6/04/2014: Weber Looks To Win Second Straight SENIOR MASTERS Title
- 6/04/2014: Double Joy for Sarawak with Masters Sweep for Storm and Roto Grip
- 6/04/2014: Storm, AWBA Partner For 53rd National Championship Tournament
- 6/03/2014: USA Bowling To Hold Eight Regional Events For Youth Teams
- 6/02/2014: Bill Spigner Joins Team Storm
- 6/02/2014: TNBA CELEBRATES 75TH ANNIVERSARY
- 6/02/2014: Storm Products Making Major Announcements at 19th Annual International Bowl Expo