Storm National Mixed Championships
- View Website
Bowling is kind of a big deal in Reno. While most cities have bowling centers, we have a stadium. That's right - a stadium. The only facility of its kind in the world, the National Bowling Stadium (referred to as the “Taj Mahal of Tenpins" by The Los Angeles Times) is dedicated to the classic sport of bowling. Living up to its name, the Stadium was elegantly designed with the tournament bowler in mind.
As bowlers and visitors enter on Center Street, they are greeted by an impressive four story lobby. Right inside is a bronze sculpture which depicts the family on their way to bowling. The whimsical statue is a favorite picture backdrop for visitors. Two glass elevators and an escalator provide easy access for the bowlers and their equipment to reach the fourth floor Tournament Level. The 78 championship lanes beck on competitors to try their luck. The National Bowling Stadium boasts the longest video screen in the world which is capable of projecting video images as well as state-of-the-art scoring graphics across its 440 foot length.
The Tournament Level is also home for the Lane 81 Pro Shop where the latest and most sophisticated bowling equipment can be purchased. The Computer Aided Tracking System (C.A.T.S.) Lane provides the bowler with a computer accurate evaluation of their game and recommendations for improvement.
On the fifth floor is a 172 seat I-WERKS theater. The four story screen can accommodate 70 millimeter films and has a six channel digital surround sound audio system and is available to be rented to groups.
The open and versatile design of many areas of the National Bowling Stadium allows it to be transformed into several configurations to suit any event. The National Bowling Stadium is available for private parties, business meetings and bowling functions. Any event held in such a venue would certainly be memorable.
STORM BOWLING PRODUCTS RENO TRI-PROPERTY HOTELS CIRCUS CIRCUS - ELDORADO - SILVER LEGACY
THE STORM NATIONAL MIXED CHAMPIONSHIPS IS COMPRISED OF TWO SEPARATE TOURNAMENTS
NATIONAL MIXED TOURNAMENT
- Traditional 4 person Team (must be 2 men & 2 women), Doubles (must be 1 man & 1 woman), Singles, and All Events
- Scratch and Handicap Divisions
FESTIVAL OF BOWLING TOURNAMENT
- Opportunity to bowl more events and win more prize money
- Don't have a mixed team or a doubles partner? The Festival of Bowling events allow for any combination men and/or women doubles teams and separate singles events - you don't have to bowl both doubles and singles events like you do in the National Mixed Tournament
- 6-game scratch event for the high average bowler
- Open Division events for any adult bowler
- Senior Division events for bowlers age 50 and over
- Youth Division events so the youth can bowl in a national tournament and win scholarship prize money
- 40 Boards & A Ball
- 5 Star Tour
- Amateur Bowler's Tour
- Barnstormers Bowling
- Bowl TNT
- Bowling Proprietors Association of Minnesota
- Grand Boot Hill
- High Roller
- insidebowling.com open
- International Gay Bowling Organization
- Japanese American National Bowling Association
- Phantom Radio
- Real Bowlers Tour
- Storm National Mixed Championships
- Storm North West Tour
- The Proprietors' Cup
- U.S. Open
- USBC Queens