Bowling News USA - July 21, 2014 Uzelac Classic Next Stop August 24 at Bonwood Lanes, Full Schedule
This is a "Certified" Tournament; USBC Cards will need to be shown. If you don't have a card you can purchase one.
Any bowler who bowls the Storm North West Tour will have an option for getting credit for the North West Points. It will cost an additional $3.00 to receive credit.
Will raffle a bowling ball and have added money for all tournaments this year. 25% will be held for the last tournament of the year. 100% returned to the Prize Fund.
Qualifying Squads begin at 10:30 am & 12:30 pm
Entry Fee $50.00
2nd entry is $45.00
PAYOUT & SIDE POTS
One in four entries will make the cut and receive a prize fund check.
Winner Receives $500.00 (Based on 64 entries)
Bowl 3 games to qualify. 1 in 4 will advance to the finals per squad.
Thereafter, Top ½ of scores advance to next round each game.
*Highest Handicap Women series guaranteed a paycheck. $25.00 that do not make the finals or at least $50.00 for making the finals.
Optional Progressive – $10.00 – After every tournament, 75% of the progressive pot will carry over to the next tournament. You may enter the progressive pot for $10.00 and receive 25% of the percentage of the progressive pot. The Progressive Pot will be paid to the bowlers who will be in the finals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. If we have 3 bowlers in the final game of the playoff and they are paid into the progressive pot. Payout will be 1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, and 3rd = 20%. If we only have 2 bowlers in the final game, then we will pay 2 places. Payout will be 1st = 65%, and 2nd = 35%.
If the top 2 or 3 places do not have any entries in the progressive pot, the money will carry over to the next tournament. If you bowl the 1st squad and enter the progressive pot and then reenter the 2nd squad you will need to pay another $10.00 to be entered into the progressive pot.
Scratch Optional – $10.00 will pay 1 in 4 for the highest 3 game scratch series. This payout will be from both squads. No finals for the scratch option. (100% returned).
Finals round should start at 1:45 pm.
Optional Side Pots: Scratch, Handicap Game and or Brackets
BOWLING FORMAT: BASED ON 64 ENTRIES
|64 Bowlers||Bowl Games 1, 2, and 3|
|16 Bowlers||Bowl Game 4||Bottom 8 Bowlers Eliminated||Bottom 4 Receive $50. Next 4 receive $60.|
|8 Bowlers||Bowl Game 5||Bottom 4 Eliminated||7th and 8th Place Receive $70. 6th and 5th Place Receive $80.|
|4 Bowlers||Bowl Game 6||Bottom 2 Eliminated||4th Place Receives $100. 3rd Place Receives $125.|
|2 Bowlers||Bowl Game 7 (Final Match)||2nd Place Receives $250 + 35% Progressive||Winner Receives $500 + 65% Progressive|
|In case of a tie there will be a 1 game roll off – All checks will be mailed to the winners.|
Bowlers will use their Uzelac Classic tournament average based on a minimum of 21 games.
Handicap per game will be 75% of 220. Other entrants will use highest current USBC certified league average based on a minimum of 21 games for the 2012-2013 season. If current 21 game average as of the Date of the Tournament is 10 or more pins above 2012-2013 season's average, current average must be used. If no average last year, use highest current USBC certified average, 21 games or more as of date of tournament. If current average is used please bring a copy of your current league sheet with you. All others bowl scratch. Handicaps for bowlers with less then 125 average shall be based on 125. Rule 319 A-3.
It shall be the responsibility of the participant to verify the accuracy of his/hers average. Failure to use proper average shall disqualify score if submitted average is lower than actual average thereby resulting in more handicap.
Prize winnings shall be based on the submitted average if it is higher than actual average. Rule 319e is waived.
If the bowler has qualified for a prize of $600.00 or more in any event of a tournament, bowler must report all such prizes plus scores. The tournament director has the option of rerating any bowler who wins $600.00 or more. The tournament director has the option of rerating/assigning any bowler an average who has not bowled in the last 2 years. All rerates will be completed at the time of entry.
You can bowl both squads but only cash one time in the handicap event or the scratch option. All other USBC rules will apply. Open to Men and Women 18 Years of Age.
$28 of each entry goes into the prize fund (100% returned).
$2.00 of each entry will be held out for the last tournament of the season that will be held in April 12, 2015. For this tournament 1 in 3 will make the finals. To qualify for this tournament you need to bowl in one prior tournament. (100% RETURNED). Expense Money, $264.00 held out for last tournament on April 12, 2015. 25% of ticket sales held for last tournament $105.00. Total money held $369.00. 300 game pot. $519.00 Held from Expense monies.
A pre-paid entry is appreciated and guarantees a spot in the tournament. Please mail pre-paid entries one week prior to tournament. Send to Bountiful Bowl 409 S 500 W Bountiful UT. 84010. Phone # 292-2444. Or send to Leon Uzelac 2015 S 700 W Woods Cross UT. 84087-1742. Phone 435-630-8762.
On-Site Entry signup starts at 9:45 am. – Entries close at 12:30 (Last Squad of Tournament)
Uzelac 2014-2015 Tournament Schedule
Check out BountifulBowl.net
- 7/31/2014: Tom Baker Defeats Norm Duke to Win PBA50 Dayton Classic presented by Roto Grip
- 7/31/2014: Team USA Roster for PABCON Women's Championships Includes Pair of Former US Open Champions
- 7/31/2014: Storm's Mike Scroggins Will Be Inducted at PBA Southwest Region's Inaugural Hall of Fame Ceremony
- 7/31/2014: National Championship Coach Dan Dorion Leaves Legacy as Bowling Guru
- 7/31/2014: 2014 European Bowlers Tour Schedule, Champions and Money Breakdown
- 7/31/2014: Junior Team USA Shines in Doubles at Tournament of the Americas
- 7/31/2014: Mike Edwards Continues to Set Pace at PBA50 Dayton Classic; Jurek, Baker, Pedersen, Weber and Duke Crack Top 10
- 7/30/2014: Strikes For Kids' Fundraiser Makes ESPN's "Seahawks Training Camp Part 1" Coverage
- 7/30/2014: Did You Know That USBC has Regional Development Facilities Around the Country?
- 7/30/2014: PBA Women’s Regional Schedule and Results
- 7/29/2014: United States Team Excels in Singles at Tournament of the Americas
- 7/29/2014: Storm's Mike Edwards Leads After First Round of PBA50 Dayton Classic, Defending Champion Pedersen Sits 7th
- 7/29/2014: PBA Tour Champion, Storm National Staffer Brad Angelo in Waukesha For BowlU Camp
- 7/29/2014: The 11th Frame: Qualifying Upped to 4 Games for 12th Annual Tri-City Bank Milwaukee Open
- 7/29/2014: Hundreds of Bowlers From Around the Country to Bowl The 15th Annual Luci Bonneau Memorial Tournament
- 7/29/2014: PBA50 Dayton Classic Underway, Storm's Randy Pedersen Looking to Defend Title
- 7/28/2014: Fairleigh Dickinson’s Melanie Hannon Receives 2014 PBA Billy Welu Scholarship
- 7/28/2014: Live Coverage of the 13th World Youth Championships in Hong Kong, China
- 7/27/2014: PBA Boise Northwest/West Open - Results; Five Storm and Roto Grip Staffers in Top 10
- 7/27/2014: Koivuniemi Wins Dream-Bowl Palace Open for His 10th EBT Title; Barrett , Palermaa and Williams Finish Top 25
- 7/25/2014: Dominic Barrett Holds Onto Lead in Munich; Palmeraa and Williams In the Mix
- 7/25/2014: Roto Grip's Shannon Pluhowsky Wins 2014 BPAA Women's All Star; Storm's Kulick and Johnson Finish 4th and 5th
- 7/24/2014: Roto Grip's Pluhowsky Earns Top Seed for BPAA All Star Stepladder; Storm's Liz Johnson and Kulick Sit Third and Fifth
- 7/24/2014: Vidad wins 2014 Bowling's Senior Women's US Open, Storm's Tish Johnson Finishes Second
- 7/24/2014: Storm Live's Randy Pedersen Will Co-Host ABT Summer Nationals Live-Streaming from Chicago
- 7/24/2014: Live-Streaming: 2014 BPAA Women's All-Star - Match Play Round 1
- 7/24/2014: Dom Barrett Takes Over Qualifying Lead at Dream-Bowl Palace Open; Palermaa and Williams Round-Out Top-10
- 7/24/2014: PBA Commissioner Tom Clark: Even PDW Does Amazing Things On the Lanes That Still Surprise Him
- 7/23/2014: Pete Weber Wins PBA50 Pro Bowl West Fort Wayne Classic; Pedersen's Overhaul Pays Dividends
- 7/23/2014: Zavjalova, Johnson Top Qualifiers in Rockford; Woessner in 2nd with 9 More Storm and Roto Grip Lady Staffers in Top-20
- 7/23/2014: PBA50 Pro Bowl West Fort Wayne Classic - Storm's Weber, Pedersen Advance From Round of 4
- 7/23/2014: Storm's "New Generation of Bowler" Going Underground
- 7/23/2014: PBA50 Pro Bowl West Fort Wayne Classic - Match Play Rounds
- 7/23/2014: Striking Back Clinic presented by Ballard's Bowling Academy, Fundraiser for Ballard vs The Big 'C'
- 7/23/2014: Bowling Combine Kicks Off at ITRC
- 7/23/2014: IAB Asked, Bowlers Answered…Belmonte Is Fan Favorite For Doubles Partner
- 7/23/2014: Bad Lane Assignments...
- 7/22/2014: PBA50 Pro Bowl West Fort Wayne Classic; Weber, Pedersen and Edwards Sit 1-2-3
- 7/22/2014: Storm's Woessner Extends Lead at BPAA Women's All-Star, Hammel Moves Into Top-5 at Senior US Open
- 7/22/2014: PBA50 Pro Bowl West Fort Wayne Classic Qualifying Round Two, Weber Leading Squad
- 7/22/2014: Whose Dreams Are They Living?...Insight by Shayna Ng
- 7/22/2014: Senior Women's US Open Stepladder Finals Set For Thursday, BPAA All Stars Finals Friday
- 7/22/2014: Wayne Webb Averages 250 Taking First-Round Lead in PBA50 Pro Bowl West Fort Wayne Classic, Weber Close Behind
- 7/22/2014: Live-Streaming: 2014 BPAA Women's All-Star/Senior Women's U.S. Open - Qualifying Round 2 (Squad B)
- 7/22/2014: The 11th Frame: USBC Makes Proper Changes to Ball Surfaces Altering Rule For Open Championships
- 7/22/2014: UBA Entertainment Network's Vixen Championship Finals
- 7/21/2014: Storm's Woessner and Former USBC Queen's Champion Jan Schmidt Lead at BPAA Events in Rockford
- 7/21/2014: PBA50 Pro Bowl West Fort Wayne Classic A & B Squad Update
- 7/21/2014: PBA St. Charles Lanes Midwest Open Presented By Storm - Results
- 7/21/2014: Uzelac Classic Next Stop August 24 at Bonwood Lanes, Full Schedule
- 7/21/2014: ABT 2014 Summer Nationals Presented by Storm
- 7/21/2014: 2014 PBA50 Tour Schedule & Champions
- 7/21/2014: BPAA National Learn To Bowl Month in October 2014
- 7/21/2014: All Eyes in Bowling are Focused on Rockford, Illinois, BPAA Women's All Star and Senior Women's US Open Underway Today
- 7/21/2014: PBA50 Pro Bowl West Fort Wayne Classic is Underway
- 7/20/2014: Team USA Men Earn More Medals at PASF, Storm's Mike Fagan Takes Home Gold
- 7/20/2014: Ohio’s Bill McCorkle Wins Inaugural PBA50 Dick Weber Super Senior Classic for First PBA50 Title
- 7/20/2014: Storm's Dominic Barrett Defeats Roto Grip's Stuart Williams in All-English Affair to Win 9th EBT Title at San Marino Open
- 7/19/2014: PBA Adjusts Women's Dues, Re-Schedules Central, Midwest Region Events Including PBA St. Charles Lanes Midwest Open
- 7/19/2014: Mika Koivuniemi Rises to the Top in 10th San Marino Open, Storm's Osku Palermaa Slides Into Top-8
- 7/18/2014: Summer Team USA Trials Application Process Now Open
- 7/18/2014: Roto Grip's Paul McCordic Averages 223 to Lead After First Round in PBA50 Dick Weber Super Senior Classic Presented by Storm
- 7/18/2014: Nathan Bohr and Storm's Mike Fagan Silver Medalists in Men’s Doubles at PASF
- 7/18/2014: Six USBC Youth Members Win National Titles at Junior Gold
- 7/18/2014: Storm's Derek Eoff Is the Jim Grady Bowler of the Year Award Recipient
- 7/18/2014: PBA St. Charles Lanes Midwest Open Presented By Storm
- 7/18/2014: 2014 Junior Gold Championships Advancers Round Update, Adult/Youth Baker Challenge Final Standings
- 7/18/2014: Four Earn Junior Team USA Spots at Junior Gold
- 7/18/2014: Martin Paulsson takes over pole position in 10th San Marino Open, Storm's Martin Larsen Cracks Top-10
- 7/17/2014: After Nearly 20 Years...Randy Pedersen Finally Embraces "The Worst Break In PBA History"
- 7/17/2014: 2014 Junior Gold Championships Qualifying Round 3 Update
- 7/17/2014: Dane Leads Wednesday's Qualifying Squads, Italian Federico Rossi Holds Onto Lead; Storm's Tim Mack Cracks Top-8
- 7/17/2014: Biggest Source of Inequity in Bowling is Relatively Unknown Factor: Lane Topography
- 7/17/2014: Pete Weber Wins Fourth and Back-to-Back ESPYS For Best Bowler
- 7/16/2014: Belmo Looking to Repeat as PBA Player of the Year
- 7/16/2014: Striking Way to Earn Scholarship Dollars
- 7/16/2014: 2014 Junior Gold Championships Qualifying Round 2 Update
- 7/16/2014: Pete Weber to Bowl Cancer Charity Match at Minnesota PBA50 Tour Event
- 7/16/2014: Italy's Rossi Continues to Lead the 79-Player Field, Storm's Tim Mack Moves Into 16th Place
- 7/16/2014: 11th Frame: Scroggins Brothers Aiming to Form 10-lefty Group for 2015 USBC Open Championships
- 7/15/2014: UBA World Championship Ziesig vs Shuler July 19th in Flushing, NY
- 7/15/2014: Former PBA Commissioner Mike Connor dies at 81
- 7/15/2014: Alessandro Silletti Chalks Up 1347 to Move Into Third Place in Storm San Marino Open
- 7/15/2014: 2014 Junior Gold Championships Qualifying Round 1 Update
- 7/15/2014: 2014 Storm Bowlers Journal Champions Crowned
- 7/15/2014: Real Bowlers Tour Eric Defreitas Scratch Singles Classic On-Deck
- 7/14/2014: Jason Sterner Champions 5th Annual RBT Canton Scratch 10-Gamer
- 7/14/2014: Sasha Gray Rolls Perfect 900 Series With a P|tch Black
- 7/14/2014: U22 Bowlers Enjoy Storm Strike Out Bowlfest
- 7/14/2014: Dominating Performance by Singapore Youths, Using Storm
- 7/14/2014: Italian Shoots 1449 to Lead Qualifying After the First Weekend of 10th Storm San Marino Open
- 7/14/2014: On Heels of Storm Challenge Victory, Storm's AJ Rice Wins 2014 Proprietor's Cup III
- 7/14/2014: Junior Gold Championships Underway in Buffalo
- 7/14/2014: Storm's Riccardi Wins PBA Spring Hill Crystal Automotive South Open
- 7/11/2014: PBA Spare Shots: Veteran Woman Star Yuka Tsuchiya Sweeps Inaugural PBA Japan Region Cheetah Titles, Regional Summary
- 7/11/2014: UBA TV
- 7/11/2014: Miss The Live Broadcast of 2014 USBC Queens? ESPN to Re-Air Stepladder Finals
- 7/11/2014: Best Shot Celebrations. EVER.
- 7/10/2014: BPAA Women's All Star and Senior Women's US Open Presented by Storm
- 7/10/2014: USBC Queens Runner-Up Kelly Kulick Maintains Lead In Women's Point Rankings
- 7/10/2014: USBC NEWS: Champions Crowned at 2014 Senior Championships, Including Storm's Don Griffin, Jr.
- 7/10/2014: Rhino Page's Crossing The Finish Line to Find a Cure!
- 7/10/2014: PBA50 Player, Rookie of the Year Races Make Stretch-run Heading Into Dick Weber Classic
- 7/10/2014: Storm To Celebrate 30th Year Anniversary at International Bowl Expo 2015
- 7/09/2014: Be A Better Bowler - A Message From The Next Generation!
- 7/09/2014: Robert Morris-Illinois Wins Women's ITC Title
- 7/09/2014: European Women's Championship 2014, Women's Team England Retains Gold Medal
- 7/09/2014: 40 Boards and A Ball Opposites Attract Scratch Mixed Doubles Results
- 7/09/2014: USBC Team USA Trials January 2015, Look Back at 2014 Results
- 7/09/2014: 2014 USBC Senior Championships Underway in Reno
- 7/08/2014: Craig Nidiffer High Roller Champion; Thomas, Nichols Finish Runner Up and Second Runner Up
- 7/08/2014: Thomas Larsen Widens Lead, Storm With 5 Players Rounding Out Top 15
- 7/08/2014: UBA Vixens Championship Qualifying Event, Tag Team Championship On-Tap
- 7/08/2014: July High Roller Presented by Storm Results Update
- 7/07/2014: Cain To Continue as USBC President, 2014-15 To Be His Last
- 7/07/2014: Pluhowsky Bowls Perfect Game at 2014 USBC Open
- 7/06/2014: PBA Spare Shots: XTRA FRAME Adds Eastern “Super Regional” To Video Streaming Lineup, Regional Summary
- 7/06/2014: Florida’s Coffey, New York’s Skalacki Win Teen Masters Titles, Berth in PBA Champion’s Challenge Telecast
- 7/05/2014: Norm Palomares, Emilio Rubio and Karla Alsgood Crowned 2014 TAT Summer Classic Champions
- 7/04/2014: 2014 TAT Summer Classic Thursday Second Cut Results
- 7/04/2014: From Everyone At Storm - Have A Fun, Safe Holiday!
- 7/03/2014: USBC Queens: Rodriguez Squeaks By Kulick 190-189, Solid Week For Kelly and All Storm and Roto Grip Lady Staffers
- 7/03/2014: AJ Rice Wins 2014 TAT Summer Classic Storm Challenge
- 7/03/2014: BREAKING: Robin Romeo Defeats Tish Johnson To Win 2014 USBC Senior Queens Using A Storm IQ Tour Solid
- 7/03/2014: PBA50 Dick Weber Super Senior Classic Presented by Storm
- 7/03/2014: 2014-15 Storm Equipment and Gear Now Available, Check Out What's New
- 7/03/2014: Finalists Set for 2014 USBC Queens, Tannya Roumimper AND Kelly Kulick Make Stepladder Finals
- 7/02/2014: BREAKING: Tish Johnson Makes USBC Senior Queens Stepladder TV Finals
- 7/02/2014: BREAKING: Tannya Roumimper and Kelly Kulick Make Queens TV Finals
- 7/02/2014: And…Cut, That’s A Wrap From Orlando
- 7/02/2014: 2014 TAT Summer Classic Tuesday Qualifying Standings
- 7/02/2014: USBC Queens Update: Roumimper Makes Show Bowling For #1 Seed, Johnson and Kulick Fighting For TV Finals
- 7/02/2014: USBC Queens Update: Roumimper, Johnson and Kulick Still In The Mix - Greene Throwing Storm
- 7/02/2014: PWBA and WIBC Hall of Famer Tish Johnson Remains Undefeated at 2014 Senior Queens
- 7/01/2014: Four Players Remain Unbeaten; Tannya Roumimper, Liz Johnson and Kelly Kulick In Bracket Play
- 7/01/2014: Bill O’Neill Cruises to Victory in Oklahoma’s Grand Casino Resort PBA King of the Swing
- 7/01/2014: 2014 USBC QUEENS Winners Bracket Through Match Play Round 2
- 7/01/2014: 2014 USBC QUEENS Match Play Rounds 1 & 2 Live Streaming - Tune In NOW!
- 7/01/2014: 2014 USBC QUEENS: Asbaty, Kulick, Johnson, Dorin-Ballard and Shayna Ng Make Top 32
- 7/01/2014: 2014 UBA UNHOLY ALLIANCE III MIXED TRIPLES EVENT RESULTS