Bowling News USA - April 25, 2014 Yokobosky Named Caldwell College Bowling Coach
Caldwell College Executive Director of Athletics Mark A. Corino has announced the hiring of Ken Yokobosky as head coach of the new bowling program. Yokobosky has an impressive background in bowling as a player, coach and instructor.
"We are thrilled to be able to bring in someone with the experience Ken has to start our new program," Corino said.
Yokobosky is a Storm Regional Pro Shop staff member.
"I was very impressed with his credentials, but most importantly I was impressed with his passion and desire to meet the challenges of starting a new program. Joining the Northeast Conference is one of those challenges, and we're hoping Ken will provide the leadership necessary to compete at the high level that the NEC requires."
Yokobosky served as an assistant coach for Team USA from 2001 to 2010 working with both the men's and women's teams under legendary coach Fred Borden. During his time with the national teams, he was a part of the gold-medal men's team at the 2006 World Championships in South Korea.
He also coached the women's team to the silver medal at the 2003 World Championships in Malaysia and the 2007 World Championships in Mexico. Along with Borden, Wichita State coach Gordon Vadakin and Team Puerto Rico head coach Jeri Edwards are fellow coaches who have influenced Yokobosky's career.
Yokobosky, who holds a Gold coaching certification from the United States Bowling Congress, is an instructor in several bowling DVDs along with Borden, including "Bowling Fun and Fundamentals for Boys and Girls," and "Essential Keys to Better Bowling."
He is the co-owner of Pro Image Bowling, a full-service pro shop offering coaching and camps that has locations in Rockaway Township and Elmwood Park, N.J.
Yokobosky also is an accomplished bowler, participating on the PBA Tour from 1996 to 1999. Recently, he won the 2009 PBA Eastern Regional in Lancaster, Pa., and finished second at the 2010 Eastern Regional in Lebanon, Pa. He still competes on the regional tour.
"I'm really excited about starting the program at Caldwell College from the ground floor, and I'm honored to have the opportunity," Yokobosky said. "I love helping people to learn and improve their game and passing along the love I have for bowling. We'll have a great opportunity to compete against some of the top teams in the country, and I look forward to that challenge with this new program."
A native of Fairfield, N.J., Yokobosky is a 1991 graduate of Caldwell College with a degree in marketing. His mother, Shirley Cresci, also graduated from Caldwell in 1983. Yokobosky currently lives in Fredon, N.J., with his wife Lori and their two children Jake (12) and Luke (nine).
The Cougars will compete in the Northeast Conference as an associate member beginning in the 2014-15 academic year. The Northeast Conference for bowling currently includes seven institutions: Fairleigh Dickinson (Teaneck), Adelphi, Kutztown, LIU Brooklyn, St. Francis Brooklyn, St. Francis (PA) and Sacred Heart.
- 4/30/2014: Weber Nipped At The Wire...
- 4/30/2014: 2014 Mike Fagan Scholarship Tournament Results
- 4/30/2014: Bill and Barbara Chrisman Honored by BBIA…Bowl For the Cure Reaches One Million Mark!
- 4/30/2014: Storm InsideBowling.com Open Broadcast
- 4/30/2014: Ageless Pete Weber Running Over PBA50 Field in North Carolina
- 4/29/2014: Kelly's Travels
- 4/29/2014: Weber Leads PBA50 Miller High Life Classic
- 4/27/2014: This Just In....Matt McNeil is $10,000 Winner of Storm InsideBowling.com Open
- 4/26/2014: New USBC Hall of Famers Inducted in Reno...
- 4/25/2014: Yokobosky Named Caldwell College Bowling Coach
- 4/24/2014: Don't Miss Live Coverage of The 2014 InsideBowling.com Open Tournament This Weekend!
- 4/23/2014: The Mike Jasnau Show - Stay Loose!
- 4/23/2014: Mike Rose Jr., Scott Pohl Storm To Doubles Lead in Reno
- 4/22/2014: Norm Duke Returns to Winner's Circle in Epic PBA50 Final
- 4/19/2014: Harry Mickelson, David Chew Win High Roller 60 and Over Senior Events
- 4/17/2014: Dick Weber's Legacy Lives On!
- 4/17/2014: Scarborough's PBA50 900 Revisted...
- 4/16/2014: AJ Johnson, Tannya Roumimper Named Collegiate MVP's
- 4/15/2014: Duke Nipped at The Wire in PBA50 Opener
- 4/15/2014: Amos Gordon Reflects on 900 Series
- 4/14/2014: Norm Duke, Don Breeden Shine in PBA50 Tour Debuts
- 4/14/2014: Storm Testimonial - Jay Moorefield
- 4/14/2014: PBA League Concludes with Silver Lake Atom Splitters on Top...
- 4/11/2014: USBC Women's Championships Begin in Reno
- 4/11/2014: Rhino Page, Kelly Kulick Join USBC Board of Directors
- 4/11/2014: Former MLB Star Larry Walker Shoots 300 with Storm Marvel
- 4/10/2014: Bob Hart 100,000 Pins Celebration
- 4/09/2014: The PBA50 Tour Rolls This Weekend!
- 4/08/2014: Storm's Liz Johnson, Jason Belmonte Selected IBMA Bowlers of the Year...
- 4/08/2014: PBA League Elias Cup Finals Sunday on ESPN
- 4/07/2014: Bowling World Unites
- 4/07/2014: The Mike Jasnau Show - Lane Patterns
- 4/05/2014: Record Breaking Team Lead Change at USBC Open Championships
- 4/04/2014: PBA League Action, Sunday on ESPN
- 4/04/2014: Fitness For Bowling Blog with Heather D’Errico-CSCS, CPT, Fitness Specialist
- 4/04/2014: Wisconsin Team Vaults Into Lead at USBC Open Championships
- 4/02/2014: Hart Rolls Into Record Books in Reno...
- 4/01/2014: Hall of Famer Bob Hart Celebrates 100,000 Pins at USBC Open Championships