Bowling News USA - January 4, 2014 PBA Player of The Year Announcement on Xtra Frame
Five Storm/Roto Grip Staffers including Jason Belmonte, Pete Weber in contention for PBA Player of the Year
The 2012-13 Chris Schenkel PBA Player of the Year winner will be announced live on PBA's exclusive online bowling channel, Xtra Frame, on Friday, Jan. 17, at 5 p.m. ET.
The live Xtra Frame show from Thunderbowl Lanes in Allen Park, Mich., will follow the announcement on Jan. 14 of the Harry Golden Rookie of the Year, Steve Nagy Sportsmanship Award and inaugural Tony Reyes Community Service Award winners.
The top three vote-getters in the Player of the Year balloting, which is currently underway, also will be announced on Jan. 14.
The special Xtra Frame broadcast on Jan. 17 will include the Player of the Year announcement and will include presentation of awards to the Rookie of the Year, Nagy and Reyes award winners.
The PBA Player of the Year competition spans a 14-month period, beginning with the 2012 PBA World Series of Bowling IV and continuing through Dec. 31, 2013, and is expected to rival the 2011-12 competition, which was won by Sean Rash (pictured left) of Montgomery, Ill., over Australia's Jason Belmonte (right) in the closest voting margin in PBA history.
The 2012-13 Player of the Year ballot includes 13 candidates:
Chris Barnes, Dom Barrett, Jason Belmonte, Parker Bohn III, Mike Fagan, Tommy Jones, Mika Koivuniemi, Chris Loschetter, Wes Malott, Scott Norton, Bill O'Neill, Sean Rash and Pete Weber.
In addition to the Player of the Year program, Xtra Frame will provide live coverage of all qualifying and match play rounds of the Barbasol PBA Tournament of Champions from Thunderbowl Lanes, Saturday, Jan. 18 through Tuesday, Jan. 21. To subscribe to Xtra Frame, visit pba.com and click on the Xtra Frame link.
- 1/31/2014: 2014 True Amateur Tournament Rolls in Vegas!
- 1/31/2014: Friday Fun Day - Enter The BIG GAME Props Contest!
- 1/29/2014: Storm's Ed Roberts Second in France!
- 1/28/2014: Belmo vs. Rash in PBA Super Clash
- 1/27/2014: The Bowling Clip That Captured The National Spotlight!
- 1/26/2014: Belmo Conquers Tournament of Champions
- 1/25/2014: 2014 Military Bowling Championships Results
- 1/21/2014: Major Domination....Storm/Roto Grip Staffers Earn Four of Five Finalist Spots at T of C
- 1/21/2014: Clay Rees Takes 2014 Storm Utah Open
- 1/21/2014: Belmonte Mauling The Field at T oF C..One Round of Matchplay To Go...
- 1/21/2014: Forkel is Marvel-S on SNBT Tour!
- 1/20/2014: Belmo In Control After One Round of Match Play at Tournament of Champions...Dom Second
- 1/20/2014: Jamie Bottomley, Haylee Rumkee Victorious at Storm Irish Open
- 1/19/2014: WRW, Ben Laughlin, Greg Young Win on ESPN Tripleheader...
- 1/19/2014: Belmo Remains on Top After Three Rounds at T of C
- 1/18/2014: Storm's Jason Belmonte Leads T of C after Two Rounds..Loschetter Second with Fusion!
- 1/17/2014: Belmo Wins PBA Player of the Year!
- 1/17/2014: Ryan Shafer Wins PBA Steve Nagy Sportsmanship Award
- 1/16/2014: Bryan Bowers Wins First Greater Iowa Bowling Association Title
- 1/15/2014: Pete Weber Looks to Defend Title at 2014 PBA Tournament of Champions
- 1/14/2014: Weber, Belmo, Rash in the Running For 2013 PBA Player of The Year
- 1/13/2014: Dom Finishes Second at BallMaster Open
- 1/13/2014: Bo Loves The IQ Tour...
- 1/12/2014: Impressive Debut For the IQ™ Tour Fusion on Japan Cup Show...
- 1/10/2014: Team USA Trials Conclude in Las Vegas
- 1/10/2014: Belmo's Google Glass Perfection
- 1/10/2014: Friday Fun Day - Polar Vortex Bowling
- 1/09/2014: PDW, Mark Williams, Ryan Shafer, Tom Baker Win PBA Regional Awards
- 1/09/2014: PBA50 Tour Releases 2014 Schedule
- 1/08/2014: InsideBowling.com Clip Makes David Letterman Show
- 1/07/2014: Catch Osku on ESPN Sunday!
- 1/06/2014: Dom Repeats as Bowler of the Month
- 1/05/2014: Kelly Kulick Cruises at World Bowling Tour Championships
- 1/04/2014: PBA Player of The Year Announcement on Xtra Frame
- 1/03/2014: Friday Fun Day - Beat End of Holiday Doldrums
- 1/02/2014: World Tenpin Finals Sunday on ESPN...