Bowling News USA - May 24, 2013 Free Agent Loschetter Rolls Lights Out™, IQ Tour To Lead on Wolf..
(Storm staffers Norm Duke and Mike Fagan check their scoresheets at Wolf Open)
DUKE, WEBER BATTLE FOR SHOW IN MILWAUKEE...
Free Agent Chris Loschetter of Avon, Ohio, trying for his first Professional Bowlers Association Tour title after nine years, continued to bowl at a torrid pace and retained the lead in the Lucas Oil PBA Wolf Open at AMF West heading into Friday night’s final eight games of match play.
Loschetter, who is celebrating his 33rd birthday on Friday, won five of his eight matches Friday afternoon and tied another, averaging 247.33 to finish with an 18-game total of 4,617 pins and an 83-pin lead over Storm's Norm Duke of Clermont, Fla. Duke won seven of eight matches to advance from 16th place to second with a 4,534 total.
Loschetter used the new Storm Lights Out™ and IQ Tour on Friday afternoon.
Rounding out the top five heading into Friday night’s final match play round were Bill O’Neill of Langhorne, Pa., with 4,517 pins followed by 20-year-old rookie E.J. Tackett of Huntington, Ind., at 4,506 and PBA Hall of Famer Pete Weber of St. Ann, Mo., with a 4,426 total. Duke and Weber are tied for third on the list of PBA Tour all-time title winners with 37 each.
Duke used Roto Grip Critical Theory™ while Weber went with a Shatter™ and IQ Tour.
Following Friday night’s final Wolf Open match play round, the GEICO PBA Summer Swing moves to AMF Bowlero in nearby Wauwatosa for the Lucas Oil Bear Open. Following Sunday’s practice and pro-am events, players will bowl two five-game qualifying rounds on Monday and the top 24 will advance to two eight-game match play rounds on Tuesday.
The Bear Open is the final qualifying leg leading into the Lucas Oil Milwaukee Open which will be held Wednesday and Thursday, also at AMF Bowlero. The Milwaukee Open will feature the top 28 qualifiers based on total pinfall after 30 qualifying games from the Badger, Wolf and Bear “animal pattern” events.
Stepladder finals for all four PBA Tour events, plus the GEICO Summer King of the Swing special event, will be taped over two days by the CBS Sports Network June 1-2 at Bowlero for airing on five consecutive Tuesdays at 7 p.m. ET beginning June 11.
The GEICO Summer King of the Swing will include the four Summer Swing event champions plus the next highest points leader who hasn’t won a title. Those five will compete in a $25,000 stepladder final for a $10,000 first prize, concluding the summer series on June 2.
LUCAS OIL PBA WOLF OPEN
AMF West, Milwaukee, Wis., May 24
MATCH PLAY ROUND ONE (after 18 games, including match play bonus pins; top five after Friday night’s final round advance to Wolf Open stepladder finals on Saturday, June 1, at 2:30 p.m. CT at AMF Bowlero)
1, Chris Loschetter, Avon, Ohio, 5-2-1, 4,617.
2, Norm Duke, Clermont, Fla., 7-1, 4,534.
3, Bill O'Neill, Langhorne, Pa., 5-3, 4,517.
4, E.J. Tackett, Huntington, Ind., 5-3, 4,506.
5, Pete Weber, St. Ann, Mo., 6-2, 4,426.
6, Dino Castillo, Carrollton, Texas, 4-4, 4,359.
7, Michael Haugen Jr., Phoenix, 5-3, 4,344.
8, Ryan Ciminelli, Cheektowaga, N.Y., 5-3, 4,313.
9, Anthony LaCaze, Melrose Park, Ill., 3-5, 4,306.
10 (tie), Jason Sterner, McDonough, Ga., 4-4, and Patrick Allen, Wesley Chapel, Fla., 2-5-1, 4,301.
12, Josh Blanchard, Gilbert, Ariz., 6-2, 4,287.
13, Eugene McCune, Munster, Ind., 4-4, 4,258.
14, Chris Barnes, Double Oak, Texas, 2-6, 4,249, $100.
15, Osku Palermaa, Finland, 2-6, 4,225.
16, Nathan Bohr, Wichita, Kan., 4-4, 4,221.
17, Randy Weiss, Columbia, S.C., 4-4, 4,211.
18, Tom Smallwood, Saginaw, Mich., 5-3, 4,201.
19, Mike Fagan, Dallas, 3-5, 4,193.
20, Dan MacLelland, Canada, 3-5, 4,165.
21, Mike Wolfe, New Albany, Ind., 2-6, 4,141.
22, Andres Gomez, Colombia, 4-4, 4,062.
23, William Guszczo, Orland Park, Ill., 2-6, 3,957.
24, Kenneth Kempf, Appleton, Wis., 3-5, 3,950.
- 5/30/2013: Weber, Duke and Fagan Will Try To Chase Down Barnes in Lucas Oil PBA Milwaukee Open Final
- 5/30/2013: Weber in Control at Lucas Oil PBA Milwaukee Open...Duke 4th with One Round of Matchplay To Go...
- 5/29/2013: Pete Weber Powers To The Top at Lucas Oil PBA Milwaukee Open
- 5/29/2013: Mike Fagan Leads Storm/Roto Grip Staffers at the Lucas Oil PBA Milwaukee Open
- 5/28/2013: 2013 PBA Summer Swing Update - Lucas Oil PBA Bear Open - Matchplay
- 5/28/2013: Weber Leads Storm Staffers at Lucas Oil PBA Bear Open
- 5/27/2013: 2013 PBA Summer Swing Update - Lucas Oil PBA Wolf Open Matchplay
- 5/24/2013: Duke, Weber 'Hungry Like The Wolf'.... Loschetter Leads with Storm!
- 5/24/2013: Free Agent Loschetter Rolls Lights Out™, IQ Tour To Lead on Wolf..
- 5/24/2013: 2013 PBA Summer Swing Update - Lucas Oil PBA Wolf Open
- 5/22/2013: 2013 PBA Summer Swing Update - Lucas Oil PBA Badger Open - Matchplay
- 5/21/2013: 2013 PBA Summer Swing Update - Lucas Oil PBA Badger Open
- 5/21/2013: Andres Gomez Tops Storm/Roto Grip Staffers at Lucas Oil PBA Badger Open
- 5/20/2013: Mike Fagan Leads Storm Staffers at PBA Summer Swing Opener
- 5/19/2013: Jason Belmonte, Pete Weber Battle for PBA Player of the Year at Summer Swing...
- 5/19/2013: Eric Tseng Over Sam Cooley at 10th Euro-Med Storm International Masters Challenge
- 5/17/2013: Randy Pedersen Powers To PBA50 Win...Three in a Row For Storm/Roto Grip
- 5/15/2013: Tish Johnson Reviews Freak'n Frantic™, Lights Out™, Super Natural™
- 5/14/2013: 2013 USBC Open Championships Leaderboard
- 5/09/2013: Mike Flanagan Named New Director of Marketing at Storm Products
- 5/06/2013: Aguiar, LeClair Vault to Doubles Lead in Reno...
- 5/06/2013: 6 Questions For Mike Fagan
- 5/03/2013: Joe Scarborough Reflects on "Golden" Performance
- 5/02/2013: Storm Staffer Rick Steelsmith USBC Hall of Famer!
- 5/02/2013: "King of Swing", Mike Fagan Joins Storm Staff of Champions
- 5/01/2013: USBC, SouthPoint Casino Strike Huge Vegas Deal