Bowling News USA - December 26, 2012 Storm Products Continues Long Sponsorship of USBC Tournament.
For the 18th consecutive year, Storm Bowling Products, Inc. will be a sponsor at the United States Bowling Congress Open Championships.
The relationship began in 1996 when the tournament was held in Salt Lake City, close to Storm's Brigham City, Utah, headquarters. It has grown to include a presence at the Storm Bowlers Journal Championships presented by USBC, Bowling Ball Express, USBC Photography and the National Bowling Stadium's coaching area inside the Lane 81 Pro Shop.
Here's a look at each:
Storm Bowlers Journal Championships presented by USBC
The Bowlers Journal Championships will be held in conjunction with the USBC Open Championships for the 67th year and literally will be held alongside the world's largest participatory sporting event for the first time, taking place on the high end of the 78-lane National Bowling Stadium in Reno, Nev. The event will feature the same lane condition being used for doubles and singles at the Open Championships.
The 2013 edition of the Bowlers Journal Championships will feature lower entry fees, a new three-game format, singles and doubles divisions for bowlers of all ages and skill levels, Instant Payback and a variety of jackpots.
Bowling Ball Express
Thousands of bowlers each year avoid the hassle of lugging their equipment through the airport by shipping their bowling balls to and from the USBC Championship events. Storm is the official bowling ball box provider for this service.
Bowlers headed to the tournament can enter the exact dimensions of their packages and confirm the level of service (i.e. Ground, Next Day, etc.) and price. Storm boxes will be available on-site for bowlers looking to ship their equipment home.
Storm is a partner of USBC Photography, which offers bowlers the chance to commemorate the tournament experience with DVDs of their time on the lanes or a creative menu of team, doubles and action photos.
"We have a great relationship with Storm," said Norm Cummings of USBC Photography. "Bill and Barbara have been with us since 1996. They love bowling and are loyal sponsors of the tournament."
Try before you buy
Each day from 3:30-4:30 p.m., Storm fans will have the opportunity to try the latest Storm bowling balls to help them decide which may be right for them.
A variety of Storm balls pre-drilled to specific spans will allow bowlers of all sizes to try before they buy. They then can head to the Storm booth to complete their arsenals before competing in the Open or Bowlers Journal Championships.
When team captains check in their teams in Reno, they'll receive USBC coupon books to distribute to their bowlers. Each will have a $10 Storm coupon inside, good towards a bowling ball at the Storm booth. The coupons also will be available at the Bowlers Journal Championships.
Storm instructional staff member Mike Jasnau can be found inside Lane 81 Pro Shop at the National Bowling Stadium. Jasnau, a USBC-certified coach, offers video analysis and lessons throughout the USBC Championships. After completing a lesson during the 2013 events, bowlers will receive a coupon for an additional $10 off select Storm equipment.
- 12/31/2012: Watch all your favorite Storm Videos on the Storm YouTube Channel!
- 12/30/2012: Belmo Nipped at the Wire at PBA Chameleon Championship...
- 12/26/2012: Storm Products Continues Long Sponsorship of USBC Tournament.
- 12/25/2012: Watch The Finals of the PBA Chameleon Championship on ESPN Sunday!
- 12/25/2012: Beat The Champs: Pete Weber Just Keeps Right on Rolling...
- 12/23/2012: Brad Angelo Puts One on the Board for Storm Products!
- 12/23/2012: Martin Larsen Rolls to Victory in the 6th Kingdom International Open...
- 12/18/2012: Norm and Rhino Coming to Cove Lanes Bowling and Entertainment Center!
- 12/16/2012: Storm Leads PBA International Invasion...O'Neill Wins on Cheetah...
- 12/16/2012: "Gold Ball" Sweeping The Nation...And The Pins by Jeff Richgels
- 12/15/2012: Dom Barrett Wins EBT Point Rankings For Second Straight Year...Mika Takes Qatar Bowling Open
- 12/14/2012: Another World Record For Chad McLean...
- 12/13/2012: IAB Elite Youth Tour Coming to Sam's Town in Las Vegas
- 12/12/2012: Bowling Means The World To Diandra...By Anthony Nasella Post-Tribune Correspondent
- 12/11/2012: The PBA Returns to Beertown...
- 12/10/2012: Bertolina, Shellabarger Roll To Win at International Senior Open
- 12/09/2012: Liz Johnson Returns to the Storm Nation at WTBA Women's Championships...
- 12/07/2012: Watch Liz on ESPN Sunday!
- 12/06/2012: International Art of Bowling Launches 'The Circle' Membership
- 12/06/2012: 2013 PBA50 Tour Schedule Set
- 12/05/2012: Catch Hall of Famer Bob Hart on Phantom Radio
- 12/04/2012: Get Your IQ™ Tour Pearl Today!
- 12/03/2012: Pete Thomas Banks $12,000 at High Roller's Thanksgiving 50 & Over Classic
- 12/03/2012: Shayna Ng Ends Guerra's Run at World Cup Three-Peat