Bowling News USA - October 27, 2011 Not Even Cancer Can Keep a True Storm Fan Down!
Storm's Ernest Goedicke, Cathy Evans, Pete Weber and Bob Hart
In August of 2003, Cathy Evans got news that changed her life forever. Her husband had just accepted a promotion for his job that would require relocation from Ohio to Atlanta. Everything was seemingly perfect and the Evans’ could not be happier. That is until their world was flipped upside down by news that Cathy had inflammatory breast cancer. With the news, the Evans’ knew they had a tough road ahead, but they were determined to beat the cancer as a team! While Cathy’s husband commuted back and forth from Ohio to Atlanta, Cathy went through regular chemo treatments, a mastectomy, and radiation treatments.
In 2004, Cathy was given a clean bill of health and was told to go enjoy her life! Finally, the Evans’ were able to move their family to Atlanta to start the new chapter in their lives that had been delayed due to the breast cancer. Life was good!
Another year later, Cathy began coughing and with encouragement from her husband, she went to the doctor. After numerous tests, Cathy received the news that every cancer survivor fears. The cancer had returned. This time the cancer was in the lining of her lungs, causing her chest cavity to fill with fluid.
After three more years of chemo infusions, she was able to come off the treatments in 2009. Not completely cancer free, Cathy routinely undergoes hercepton treatments every three weeks that keeps the cancer under control.
Cathy was finally able to return to doing the things that she enjoys, including bike riding and bowling. She would like to tell everyone that this dreadful disease can be beat and cancer patients and survivors can live a happy productive life if they choose to. When Cathy was originally diagnosed with cancer, a friend told her she had two options. She could let the cancer control her or she could control the cancer. Cathy chose the latter and even though she still fights cancer every day, she continues to live life to the fullest.
Cathy was given a Storm Tropical Breeze and has raised her average from 148 to nearly 170! Storm is honored to join in the fight against breast cancer by donating a portion of the proceeds from products in its “Think Pink” product line, including the Tropical Breeze that Cathy bowls with.
As of September 30, 2011 Storm had donated $12,837.78 to breast cancer research. With your help and support we can continue this project and help find a cure for this dreadful disease.
For more information on the Think Pink initiative, please visit stormbowling.com/partners/causes.
- 10/31/2011: PBA World Series of Bowling Ready to Roll in Las Vegas...
- 10/30/2011: DOMinating Performance in Reno
- 10/27/2011: Not Even Cancer Can Keep a True Storm Fan Down!
- 10/25/2011: The Storm Frantic™
- 10/25/2011: Storm's Steve Kloempken Masters Magic Valley
- 10/24/2011: 2011 ABT Fall Nationals Prize List
- 10/19/2011: Storm's Osku Palermaa, Martin Larsen Prepare for Battle at 2011 WSOB
- 10/19/2011: Recap of 2011 Women’s World Championships by Shannon O’Keefe
- 10/19/2011: 'The Chief' is All In...
- 10/16/2011: $100,000 Winner Crowned at 2011 ABT Fall Nationals
- 10/16/2011: 2011 ABT Fall Nationals Report - Finals Day
- 10/15/2011: 2011 ABT Fall Nationals Report
- 10/11/2011: Now Available From Storm - The Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl
- 10/05/2011: The Storm Virtual Gravity™ Nano Pearl
- 10/02/2011: Osku Over Barnes at 9th Vienna Open
- 10/01/2011: Storm Staffers Dominate 9th Vienna Open...