Bowling News USA - September 29, 2011 PBA Tour Telecasts Begin December 4th on ESPN
New season to conclude with live PBA Tournament of Champions coverage on April 15
SEATTLE (Sept. 29, 2011) – For the 32nd consecutive year, ESPN will provide millions of American bowling fans with nationally-televised coverage of the Professional Bowlers Association during the 2011-12 season.
The PBA Tour’s new television season, which includes 18 Sunday telecasts, will begin with a “doubleheader” on Sunday, Dec. 4 with the men’s and women’s World Bowling Tour Finals presented by the PBA airing in back-to-back one-hour segments. The PBA-ESPN season will conclude with the live finals of the PBA Tournament of Champions from Red Rock Lanes in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 15.
Supplementing the ESPN telecasts, pba.com’s exclusive Xtra Frame video streaming service will provide more than 250 hours of live, online coverage of PBA Tour preliminary rounds as well as start-to-finish coverage of four new Xtra Frame Tour events during the season.
2011-12 ESPN-PBA TOUR SCHEDULE (all times Eastern)
Dec. 4, 1 p.m. – World Bowling Tour Finals presented by the PBA (men), Las Vegas.
Dec. 4, 2 p.m. - World Bowling Tour Finals presented by the PBA (women), Las Vegas.
Dec. 11, 1 p.m. – WSOB PBA World Championship, Carter Division, Las Vegas.
Dec. 18, 1 p.m. – WSOB PBA World Championship, Hardwick Division, Las Vegas.
Jan. 1, 1 p.m. – WSOB PBA World Championship, Petraglia Division, Las Vegas.
Jan. 8, 1 p.m. – WSOB PBA World Championship, Aulby Division, Las Vegas.
Jan. 15, 1 p.m. – WSOB PBA World Championship finals, Las Vegas.
Jan. 22, 3 p.m. – WSOB Bayer Viper Open, Las Vegas.
Jan. 29, 12:30 p.m. – USBC Masters, Las Vegas.
Feb. 5, 4 p.m. – Chris Paul PBA Celebrity Invitational, New Orleans.
Feb. 12, 3 p.m. – WSOB Chameleon Open, Las Vegas.
Feb. 19, 3 p.m. – WSOB Scorpion Open, Las Vegas.
Feb. 26, 3 p.m. – 69th U.S. Open, North Brunswick, N.J.
March 4, 3 p.m. – WSOB Shark Open, Las Vegas.
March 25, 2:30 p.m. – WSOB Mark Roth-Marshall Holman PBA Doubles Championship, Las Vegas.
April 1, 1 p.m. – WSOB Carmen Salvino Classic, Las Vegas.
April 8, 1 p.m. – WSOB PBA Exempt Players Championship, Las Vegas.
April 15, 1 p.m. – PBA Tournament of Champions, Las Vegas.
WSOB = PBA World Series of Bowling
- 9/30/2011: Belmo Tops in Thailand..
- 9/29/2011: PBA Tour Telecasts Begin December 4th on ESPN
- 9/27/2011: Storm University - A Testimonial
- 9/27/2011: Jason Lower Rolls to Win on Storm North West Tour
- 9/23/2011: 2011-12 PBA Tour Exempt List
- 9/19/2011: Coming Soon From Storm!
- 9/16/2011: "The General" George Pappas, Joins PBA Five Decade Club
- 9/12/2011: Gold for TEAM USA...
- 9/09/2011: Shannon O'Keefe, TEAM USA, Strike Gold in Trios
- 9/08/2011: First Ever Storm University Is A Huge Success!
- 9/08/2011: LaCaze Travels Victory Road™ at Fort Wayne Open
- 9/02/2011: Norton Takes Phoenix “with” Storm!
- 9/01/2011: Pedersen, On the Mend...Eyes Comeback