Bowling News USA - July 11, 2011 Storm's Diandra Asbaty To Represent USA At World Cup
ARLINGTON, Texas - With the qualification process now complete, the Team USA roster for the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico, this October has been finalized.
Representing the United States in the women's division will be Kelly Kulick of Union, N.J., and Liz Johnson of Cheektowaga, N.Y. The men's team will be represented by Chris Barnes of Double Oak, Texas, and Bill O'Neill of Southampton, Pa.
The conclusion of the U.S. Women's Open last week finalized the women's standings in the qualification process that gave them points based on their finish in the Pan American Games Trials (60 percent), the United States Bowling Congress Queens (20 percent) and the U.S. Women's Open (20 percent).
Kulick, who earned maximum points in the Pan American Games Trials and U.S. Women's Open, led with 112 points, while Johnson finished second with 109 points.
The Team USA men's qualification process concluded in March with O'Neill earning 100 points and Barnes coming in second with 92 points.
The Pan American Games are an Americas version of the Olympic Games which includes the Olympic program sports and others that are not part of the Olympics. The United States Olympic Committee has specific requirements for selecting players to compete in the event.
The Team USA program also completed the rosters for the remaining events on the international schedule. Diandra Asbaty of Chicago will join Tommy Jones of Simpsonville, S.C., in competing at the QubicaAMF World Cup in Johannesburg, South Africa, from Nov. 30-Dec. 7.
The Lee Evans Tournament of the Americas roster was finalized with Brenda Padilla of Mansfield, Texas, and Tennelle Milligan of Arlington, Texas, being selected. The men will be represented by Jarret Mizo of Honolulu and Steven Smith of San Diego at the event, which will be held July 31-Aug. 6 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
The U.S. lineup for the 2011 World Tenpin Bowling Association World Women's Championships, which was previously announced, includes Kulick, Johnson, Carolyn Dorin-Ballard of Keller, Texas, Stefanie Nation of Grand Prairie, Texas, Shannon O'Keefe of Arlington, Texas, and Shannon Pluhowsky of Kettering, Ohio.
Story courtesy of Bowl.com.
- 7/29/2011: Storm Announces Collegiate Sponsored Teams for 2011-12 Season
- 7/26/2011: Andres Gomez Joins Storm International Sales Team
- 7/25/2011: PDW Cruises to 46th PBA Regional Win...
- 7/19/2011: Alex Aguiar Rides the 2Fast™ to Mini Eliminator Title
- 7/15/2011: USBC Women's Championships Conclude in Syracuse
- 7/15/2011: Storm Staff Member Andres Gomez Wins Colombian Team Trials
- 7/15/2011: Belmonte Travels "Victory Road" ... Rides High with ESPY
- 7/14/2011: Belmo Takes The ESPY...
- 7/13/2011: Marvel™ Pearl and Victory Road™ Solid Contest Winners Announced
- 7/13/2011: Storm Staffer Casey Murphy Wins Bowlers Journal Championship With Virtual Gravity Nano
- 7/12/2011: Now Available From Storm - The Marvel™ Pearl and Victory Road™ Solid!
- 7/11/2011: Storm's Diandra Asbaty To Represent USA At World Cup
- 7/10/2011: 2011 USBC Open Championships Conclude in Reno...
- 7/10/2011: Alex Liew Powers to Victory at 7th Annual Storm San Marino Open...
- 7/05/2011: Sonnenfeld Over Hara for July High Roller Title...
- 7/05/2011: Ryan Shafer Perfect in GEICO PBA Team Shootout..
- 7/02/2011: Jeff's Big Night in Texas..