Bowling News USA - May 19, 2011 Storm's Tyler Jensen Cruises in Regional Action
Tyler Jensen of Fort Worth, Texas, defeated Nathan Bohr of Wichita, Kan., in a 231-230 nail-biter to win the PBA Southwest Region Macadoodles’ Northwest Arkansas Open at Fast Lane Entertainment in Lowell, Ark., on May 15.
Jensen is a Storm Regional Sales Manager.
Jensen earned $3,000 and his ninth PBA Regional title after trailing Bohr by two pins going into the final frame. Jensen converted a 10 pin in the 10th frame and struck on his fill ball to force Bohr to get a total of 18 pins in his final frame. After sparing the 4 pin, Bohr could only manage seven pins on his final shot, handing Jensen a one-pin victory. Bohr had eliminated PBA Tour exempt player Mike Scroggins in the semifinal round.
In Puyallup, Wash., Chris Warren of Grants Pass, Ore., continued his torrid streak in the PBA Northwest, posting a 9-1 match play record and 4,801 total pins to win his third regional title of the season and the 28th of his career in the Daffodil Bowl Open. Warren, who earned $1,700, defeated Bryon Smith of Roseburg, Ore., by 51 pins for the title.
In the companion Daffodil Bowl Senior Open, Hugh Miller of Mercer Island, Wash., went 3-5 and knocked down 3,761 total pins to top Kevin Croucher of Grants Pass, Ore., for his third PBA Northwest Senior Regional title.
Middle school teacher Rusty Thomsen of Morgan, N.J., defeated Vinny D’Ambrosio III of Staten Island, N.Y., 239-238, to win $2,500 first prize and his second career regional title in the PBA East Region King Pin Open presented by Econo-Lodge, Pistol Pete’s Restaurant and Skyy Vodka at King Pin Bowling Center in Egg Harbor Township, N.Y., on May 15.
Thomsen threw three strikes in the 10th frame to force D’Ambrosio to double, but D’Ambrosio threw a nine-count on his first shot in his final frame. D’Ambrosio eliminated four-time PBA Tour winner Ryan Shafer of Horseheads, N.Y., 205-187, in the semifinal round.
In the PBA Central Region, Troy Stus of South Lyon, Mich., defeated amateur Aaron Lorinez of Belleville, Mich., 257-195, to win the Baldo Campana Open benefiting the Lorain County Kids Fund at Rebman Recreation on May 15. The title was Stus’ first of the year and the second of his career. He also earned $2,500.
Stus, the son of long-time PBA Senior Tour star Gene Stus, defeated Mason Brantley of Detroit, 225-174, while Lorinez edged 2006-07 PBA Rookie of the Year Billy Oatman of Cleveland, 226-225, in the semifinal round. Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour exempt player Brian Kretzer was eliminated in the Round of 8 while Ronnie Russell, Tom Smallwood and Jeff Zaffino were knocked out in the Round of 16.
PBA Central and Midwest senior players convened at Lynwood Bowl in Lynwood, Ill., where Harv Pallas of Stevensville, Mich. defeated Charlie Tapp of Kalamazoo, Mich. 186-173, to win the PBA Midwest/Central Region Lynwood Bowl Senior Open sponsored by Allstate. The win was Pallas’ first of the season and the third PBA Regional title of his career. He also earned $1,500.
- 5/31/2011: Storm Staff Member Casey Murphy Takes Lead In Bowlers Journal Championships
- 5/31/2011: 57th U.S Women's Open Set for Dallas...
- 5/25/2011: Storm/Roto Grip Staffers Head to Chicago for GEICO PBA Team Shootout
- 5/24/2011: Walter Ray Wins PBA Senior Event with Storm Anarchy...
- 5/24/2011: Nutty for Nanos - Week 12 Winner!
- 5/23/2011: Storm Announces 2011-12 PBA Exempt Staff!
- 5/23/2011: Enter the July High Roller, TAT Now!
- 5/23/2011: Storm Partners With Purdue University Bowling Camp
- 5/23/2011: Turbo 2-N-1 Grips Take Over Team Event Lead in Reno
- 5/20/2011: Rhino Page Exempt for Next Season
- 5/19/2011: Storm's Tyler Jensen Cruises in Regional Action
- 5/17/2011: Good Bowlers Know Their Roll Before The Competition Begins
- 5/13/2011: Storm San Marino Open Set for July
- 5/13/2011: Team USA Takes Two Bronze Medals In Masters At PABCON Men's Championships
- 5/13/2011: Team USA Takes Gold, Silver In Trios At PABCON
- 5/11/2011: Storm Products, Inc. Staffer Breaks World Record!
- 5/10/2011: Nutty For Nanos - Week 10 Winner
- 5/09/2011: Weber Marches to 45th Regional Title with Hy-Road
- 5/04/2011: 2011 USBC Open Championships Update
- 5/03/2011: Nutty for Nanos - Week 9 Winner