Bowling News USA - April 28, 2011 Storm Products, Inc. Staffer Attempts To Break World Record
This Saturday, April 30th Storm Products, Inc. staff member Chad McLean and Gene Dalusio from Gainesville, FL will attempt to break the world record for total pin fall by a two man team in a 24 hour period. This isn’t McLean’s first attempt to break a world record. Last year he attempted to break the world record for the longest bowling streak. Although he didn’t break it, he learned that it takes a lot of dedication and preparation to be ready for the attempt.
McLean, owner and operator of Apex Pro Shop in Gainesville, FL has an impressive history in both bowling and sports fitness. His partner, Dalusio, has been bowling for 10 years and has always had the aspiration to break a world record. This is his chance to do it.
There are several rules that must be followed to break the record including:
- The record is for most pins knocked down within 24 hours – NOT traditional bowling score
- The record is to be attempted by a team of two
- The attempt is to be made on one lane
- Machine may be reset for first ball attempt (10 pins)
- Bowlers may use either the right hand or left hand
You can view a webcam of the event at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/recordbreaker.
McLean and Dalusio will start bowling on Saturday at 11 AM EST and by Sunday at 11AM we will hopefully have a new world record!
“20,000 pins to knock down, coming right up!” commented McLean.
Storm hopes McLean and Dalusio bowl up a Storm… World Record Style!
- 4/29/2011: Parkin, Vidad Win USBC Queens Titles...
- 4/29/2011: April Sanchez Wins Uzelac Classic!
- 4/28/2011: Storm Products, Inc. Staffer Attempts To Break World Record
- 4/28/2011: Joshua Schuurman Takes Gold in European Youth Championships...
- 4/28/2011: Storm's Belmonte, Frilingos Rule Australia
- 4/27/2011: Sullins Defeats Walter Ray For PBA Senior Title
- 4/27/2011: Arnar David Jonsson Rolls the Nano to Victory in Germany...
- 4/26/2011: Nutty for Nanos - week 8 winner
- 4/25/2011: Daniel Veszi Soars with the Nano at European Youth Championships..
- 4/25/2011: Young-Kwan Kim Wins 2011 KYC Pro Bowling Tournament
- 4/24/2011: Mike Dias Captures First Title on PBA Senior Tour
- 4/22/2011: Storm Staffer Ryan Shafer Knocks Down Diabetes
- 4/21/2011: ABT Spring Nationals Results
- 4/21/2011: BWAA Collegiate Bowlers Of They Year Announced
- 4/20/2011: Matt Weggen Rides the Anarchy™ to USBC Open Championships Lead...
- 4/20/2011: Nutty for Nanos - Week 7 Winner
- 4/20/2011: Belmonte wins Orange Audi Open
- 4/20/2011: Ohio High School To Receive Grant Through YES Fund Program
- 4/14/2011: The Schlemer Report - Dick Weber Playoffs Show #3
- 4/14/2011: 2011 USBC Open Championships Update
- 4/13/2011: Dick Allen Downs Barnes for Dick Weber Playoffs Win
- 4/12/2011: Nutty For Nanos - Week 6 Winner
- 4/11/2011: Bowling Becomes A Part Of The Presidential Fitness Challenge
- 4/11/2011: Storm Regional Staffer Forkel Keeps Rolling in Vegas...
- 4/11/2011: Randy Weiss Vying for 1st PBA Title...
- 4/07/2011: 'Strikes For Sy' - Final Update
- 4/06/2011: Storm’s Kirsten Penny Inducted into World Hall of Fame
- 4/06/2011: The Schlemer Report - Dick Weber Playoffs Show #2
- 4/05/2011: Osku Palermaa shoots big games to win the 2nd Dream-Bowl Palace Open
- 4/05/2011: Storm Sponsored McKendree Bearcat Women's Bowling Team Captures NAIA Invitational Championship
- 4/05/2011: Nutty For Nanos - Week 5 Winner
- 4/04/2011: Lessons From Norm Paying Dividends for Tang...
- 4/03/2011: Gentleman Jack, Belmo Advance at Dick Weber Playoffs...