Bowling News USA - April 7, 2011 'Strikes For Sy' - Final Update
For the second half of the 2010-11 PBA season Norm Duke was bowling for more than just a paycheck and a title, Duke was bowling for a bigger cause.
Sy Harger is a special little boy who suffers from Eosinophilic Esophagitis. “It was getting pretty close to hopeless.” commented Jordan Harger, Sy’s dad. There’s no known cure for Sy’s condition which keeps him from eating solid food.
“I want to make a difference.” commented Duke who heard about Sy from friends after a local television show covered Sy’s story. “When he said his favorite bowler was Norm Duke, it absolutely crushed me.” said Duke.
With the financial help provided by ‘Strikes for Sy’, Sy’s health is slowly getting better with treatment. Sy’s family hopes to continue on the right path. “Mr. Duke is making a huge impact on his life,” commented Mr. Harger, “I know he will remember it for the rest of his life.”
For every strike Duke got in a national PBA event starting January 1st through the end of the season, Storm donated $1.00 to the ‘Strikes for Sy’ fund. In all Duke threw 1022 strikes resulting in a total donation of $1022.00 from Storm. With all of the pledges and donations, the Strikes for Sy program raised a total of $3812.00.
"As always it seems that the money we raise is never enough.” Commented Duke, “but in this case its help that this family didn't have to battle for or jump through hoops to get. We are proud of what we accomplished and we feel good for it. Thanks to the help of Gary Tolley and Keith Jones and all of those that pledged or made donations, Sy Harger had some skin in the game in this years US Open, and I got a new friend."
To learn more about ‘Strikes for Sy’ and Storm Products, Inc., please visit stormbowling.com.
To view the video recently aired on Channel 13 news in Florida, click here.
To view the ‘Strikes for Sy’ campaign video, click here.
- 4/29/2011: Parkin, Vidad Win USBC Queens Titles...
- 4/29/2011: April Sanchez Wins Uzelac Classic!
- 4/28/2011: Storm Products, Inc. Staffer Attempts To Break World Record
- 4/28/2011: Joshua Schuurman Takes Gold in European Youth Championships...
- 4/28/2011: Storm's Belmonte, Frilingos Rule Australia
- 4/27/2011: Sullins Defeats Walter Ray For PBA Senior Title
- 4/27/2011: Arnar David Jonsson Rolls the Nano to Victory in Germany...
- 4/26/2011: Nutty for Nanos - week 8 winner
- 4/25/2011: Daniel Veszi Soars with the Nano at European Youth Championships..
- 4/25/2011: Young-Kwan Kim Wins 2011 KYC Pro Bowling Tournament
- 4/24/2011: Mike Dias Captures First Title on PBA Senior Tour
- 4/22/2011: Storm Staffer Ryan Shafer Knocks Down Diabetes
- 4/21/2011: ABT Spring Nationals Results
- 4/21/2011: BWAA Collegiate Bowlers Of They Year Announced
- 4/20/2011: Matt Weggen Rides the Anarchy™ to USBC Open Championships Lead...
- 4/20/2011: Nutty for Nanos - Week 7 Winner
- 4/20/2011: Belmonte wins Orange Audi Open
- 4/20/2011: Ohio High School To Receive Grant Through YES Fund Program
- 4/14/2011: The Schlemer Report - Dick Weber Playoffs Show #3
- 4/14/2011: 2011 USBC Open Championships Update
- 4/13/2011: Dick Allen Downs Barnes for Dick Weber Playoffs Win
- 4/12/2011: Nutty For Nanos - Week 6 Winner
- 4/11/2011: Bowling Becomes A Part Of The Presidential Fitness Challenge
- 4/11/2011: Storm Regional Staffer Forkel Keeps Rolling in Vegas...
- 4/11/2011: Randy Weiss Vying for 1st PBA Title...
- 4/07/2011: 'Strikes For Sy' - Final Update
- 4/06/2011: Storm’s Kirsten Penny Inducted into World Hall of Fame
- 4/06/2011: The Schlemer Report - Dick Weber Playoffs Show #2
- 4/05/2011: Osku Palermaa shoots big games to win the 2nd Dream-Bowl Palace Open
- 4/05/2011: Storm Sponsored McKendree Bearcat Women's Bowling Team Captures NAIA Invitational Championship
- 4/05/2011: Nutty For Nanos - Week 5 Winner
- 4/04/2011: Lessons From Norm Paying Dividends for Tang...
- 4/03/2011: Gentleman Jack, Belmo Advance at Dick Weber Playoffs...