Bowling News USA - March 22, 2011 Storm Staffer Tish Johnson Is On Fire!
Storm staff member Tish Johnson has had an impressive couple weeks on the lanes.
It all started the week of February 27th when she dominated the Colorado Springs Queens Tournament. Johnson defeated 30 of the best female bowlers from the Colorado Springs and Denver area to capture her second Colorado Springs Queens Title.
Johnson dominated the tournament from the start where she finished as the top qualifier. She averaged an impressive 240 for 14 games including her 1450 for the qualifying round. Johnson used a Victory Road that was drilled a week before the tournament.
The following week Johnson kept her winning streak going by claiming the Pikes Peak Masters title on March 6. This is the first time in 38 years that the crown was won by a female bowler. Johnson finished qualifying in seventh place.
In the finals she lost her first three game match to Mike Dias which sent her into the loser’s bracket in the double elimination format. Johnson battled her way out of the loser’s bracket to bowl for the title after a grueling 21 games. For the Championship, Johnson had to defeat Mike Dias in two three game matches to finish in the top spot. In all she bowled 27 games in the finals!
Johnson used a combination of balls including the Invasion, the Virtual Gravity Nano, the Anarchy and the Tropical Heat Hybrid.
- 3/30/2011: Join Storm in Donating To Relief Efforts In Japan
- 3/30/2011: Gurney Grabs Golden Ladies Title
- 3/29/2011: Nutty for Nanos Week 4 Winner
- 3/29/2011: The Schlemer Report - Dick Weber Playoffs Show #1
- 3/29/2011: Judy Gurney Rolls to Golden Ladies Classic Title...
- 3/28/2011: Jaros, Weiss and Allen Adance at Dick Weber Playoffs
- 3/23/2011: Storm Virtual Gravity™ Nano Reviews
- 3/22/2011: Storm Staffer Tish Johnson Is On Fire!
- 3/22/2011: Nutty For Nanos Week 3 Winner!
- 3/15/2011: Nutty For Nanos - Week 2 Winner
- 3/14/2011: Diabetes Can't Keep Shafer off the Lanes by Mark Ambrogi
- 3/14/2011: Storm Bowling Balls Highlight Bowling This Month’s Readers Choice Awards
- 3/14/2011: Norm Duke Interview on Above 180.com
- 3/14/2011: Storm Teams Preparing For Intercollegiate Team Championships
- 3/14/2011: Michigan Team Captain Wins Truck At USBC Open Championships
- 3/12/2011: Walter Ray Looks to Extend Streak...Schlem Has the Nation Ready...
- 3/11/2011: Wiseman, Shafer, Belmonte Advance at the Dick Weber Playoffs...
- 3/11/2011: 8.9 Earthquake Hits Japan...Storm's Steve Kloempken is Safe...
- 3/09/2011: Y.E.S. Announces The Students Equipped To Strike (S.E.T.S) Program
- 3/09/2011: George Frilingos Uses the New Virtual Gravity Nano to Win Australia’s Kegel Open
- 3/08/2011: Nutty For Nano's! Week One Winner!
- 3/07/2011: Storm's Dominic Barrett Rolls to Emir Cup Win...
- 3/07/2011: Jason Couch Beats Parker Bohn for 16th PBA Title...
- 3/04/2011: Special Olympics Celebrates 21st Year As Prelude To USBC Open Championships
- 3/04/2011: Live Streaming Events Schedule For 2011 USBC Championships
- 3/02/2011: Strikes For Sy Update
- 3/02/2011: The Schlemer Report - U.S Open
- 3/02/2011: Storm Staffer Jeff Richgels Reviews the Virtual Gravity™ Nano
- 3/01/2011: Mike Jasnau in Reno for 2011 USBC Open Championships
- 3/01/2011: Watch Norm Duke's U.S Open Title Match, Post Game Interview!
- 3/01/2011: Now Available From Storm - The Virtual Gravity™ Nano