Bowling News USA - March 9, 2011 George Frilingos Uses the New Virtual Gravity Nano to Win Australia’s Kegel Open
This weekend saw the staging of Australia’s first event on the National calendar, the Kegel Open, hosted at Caboolture Bowl in the town of Brisbane. 96 men and 32 women participated in the event. Qualification was 10 games, cutting to the top 32, then a further 6 games cutting to the top 12, another 4 games then cutting to the top 8 for match play. It was a long and gruelling format, 27 games over the course of 2 days (pretty standard Australian Event), pinfall carried over.
The pattern was 41 feet and a ratio of 3 to 1. The lanes were recently resurfaced wood so the backends were screaming. George qualified 2nd behind Roto’s Michael Little who put a 150 pins on the field. George didn’t bowl that well but he knew the VIRTUAL GRAVITY NANO allowed him to open up the lane more than his other equipment. And he knew the finals were going to be good if he could just repeat shots better.
In the finals George jumped out of the gates with 280-268-267 for 813 and shot to the lead. The backends tightened up which made the VIRTUAL GRAVITY NANO look even more dominant. He moved a little left which allowed him to play a touch straighter instead of having to swing the ball. What’s amazing was that the hitting power of the VIRTUAL GRAVITY NANO got stronger by the game. George extended his lead through every stage of the finals, winning by over 450 in the end (the most anyone has done in this country for some time).
Michael Little finished 2nd, Brendan Meads finished 3rd using Storm and Roto all weekend too. Overall Storm occupied 7 of the top 8 places, highlighting the fact that Storm is the #1 high performance brand in Australia.
- 3/30/2011: Join Storm in Donating To Relief Efforts In Japan
- 3/30/2011: Gurney Grabs Golden Ladies Title
- 3/29/2011: Nutty for Nanos Week 4 Winner
- 3/29/2011: The Schlemer Report - Dick Weber Playoffs Show #1
- 3/29/2011: Judy Gurney Rolls to Golden Ladies Classic Title...
- 3/28/2011: Jaros, Weiss and Allen Adance at Dick Weber Playoffs
- 3/23/2011: Storm Virtual Gravity™ Nano Reviews
- 3/22/2011: Storm Staffer Tish Johnson Is On Fire!
- 3/22/2011: Nutty For Nanos Week 3 Winner!
- 3/15/2011: Nutty For Nanos - Week 2 Winner
- 3/14/2011: Diabetes Can't Keep Shafer off the Lanes by Mark Ambrogi
- 3/14/2011: Storm Bowling Balls Highlight Bowling This Month’s Readers Choice Awards
- 3/14/2011: Norm Duke Interview on Above 180.com
- 3/14/2011: Storm Teams Preparing For Intercollegiate Team Championships
- 3/14/2011: Michigan Team Captain Wins Truck At USBC Open Championships
- 3/12/2011: Walter Ray Looks to Extend Streak...Schlem Has the Nation Ready...
- 3/11/2011: Wiseman, Shafer, Belmonte Advance at the Dick Weber Playoffs...
- 3/11/2011: 8.9 Earthquake Hits Japan...Storm's Steve Kloempken is Safe...
- 3/09/2011: Y.E.S. Announces The Students Equipped To Strike (S.E.T.S) Program
- 3/09/2011: George Frilingos Uses the New Virtual Gravity Nano to Win Australia’s Kegel Open
- 3/08/2011: Nutty For Nano's! Week One Winner!
- 3/07/2011: Storm's Dominic Barrett Rolls to Emir Cup Win...
- 3/07/2011: Jason Couch Beats Parker Bohn for 16th PBA Title...
- 3/04/2011: Special Olympics Celebrates 21st Year As Prelude To USBC Open Championships
- 3/04/2011: Live Streaming Events Schedule For 2011 USBC Championships
- 3/02/2011: Strikes For Sy Update
- 3/02/2011: The Schlemer Report - U.S Open
- 3/02/2011: Storm Staffer Jeff Richgels Reviews the Virtual Gravity™ Nano
- 3/01/2011: Mike Jasnau in Reno for 2011 USBC Open Championships
- 3/01/2011: Watch Norm Duke's U.S Open Title Match, Post Game Interview!
- 3/01/2011: Now Available From Storm - The Virtual Gravity™ Nano