Bowling News USA - February 25, 2011 Storm College Teams Highlight Sectional Qualifying
ARLINGTON, Texas - The path to crowning collegiate national champions for the 2010-11 season became a little clearer Tuesday as the United States Bowling Congress announced sectional-qualifying assignments for the 2011 USBC Intercollegiate Team Championships.
The four sectional qualifiers will be held March 12-13 at AMF Parkway Lanes in Allentown, Pa.; Holiday Bowl-Brainerd in Chattanooga, Tenn.; Landmark Lanes in Peoria, Ill.; and AMF Euless Lanes in Euless, Texas.
The top four teams in each division at each sectional will advance to the 2011 USBC Intercollegiate Team Championships, which will be held April 20-23 at AMF Peach Lanes in Columbus, Ga.
On the men's side, Webber International, the No. 1 program in Team Ranking System points, will compete in the Chattanooga sectional along with No. 5 Lindenwood. No. 2 Robert Morris-Illinois(Roto Grip) will headline the field at the Peoria sectional, while No. 3 Wichita State, the reigning men's national champions, will head to the Euless sectional. No. 4 Purdue will be the top-ranked team in Allentown.
In women's competition, No. 1 Wichita State will be the featured team at the Euless sectional. No. 2 McKendree(Storm) and No. 4 Robert Morris-Illinois(Roto Grip) will head to the Peoria sectional, while No. 3 Lindenwood will compete in the Chattanooga sectional. No. 5 Central Florida will participate in the Allentown sectional.
The complete men's and women's 2011 USBC Intercollegiate Team Championships Sectional Qualifier field (teams listed in alphabetical order):
Briarcliffe, Central Florida, Corning Community College, Erie Community College, Hudson Valley, Penn State, Penn State-Berks, Pikeville (Storm), Purdue(Roto Grip), Robert Morris-Pennsylvania, Rochester Institute of Technology(Roto Grip), Sacred Heart, Saginaw Valley State, Schenectady, St. John's, Stony Brook, SUNY-IT, William Paterson
Bellarmine, Cumberland, Florida International, Florida State, Lindenwood, Louisville, Marian, Martin Methodist, Morehead State, Northwestern Ohio, Ohio State, Urbana, Vincennes, Webber International, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Wright State (Roto Grip)
Calumet College of St. Joseph, Davenport, Grand Valley, Illinois-Urbana, Indiana, McKendree (Storm), Michigan State, Midland, Minnesota State-Mankato, Notre Dame-Ohio, Robert Morris-Illinois (Roto Grip), St. Ambrose, Toledo, Western Illinois, Winona State, Wisconsin-Whitewater (Roto Grip)
Arizona State, Fresno State, Kansas, Nebraska-Lincoln, Nevada-Las Vegas (Roto Grip), Newman, North Dakota State, North Texas, Texas A&M, UC-Davis, Weber State, West Texas A&M, Wichita State, William Penn
Adelphi, Adrian, Briarcliffe, Central Florida, Erie Community College, Hudson Valley, Kutztown, Long Island, Mohawk Valley, Penn State-Berks, Pikeville, Purdue(Roto Grip), Saginaw Valley State, Stevens Institute, SUNY-IT, Ursuline, Westchester
Ball State, Bellarmine, Campbellsville, Cumberland, Florida (Storm), Florida State, Lindenwood, Louisville, Marian, Martin Methodist, Morehead State, Northwestern Ohio, Urbana, Webber International, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Wright State (Roto Grip)
Calumet College of St. Joseph, Davenport, Elmhurst, Grand Valley, Illinois State, Illinois-Urbana, Indiana, McKendree(Storm), Midland, Notre Dame-Ohio, Robert Morris-Illinois(Roto Grip), Rock Valley, St. Ambrose, Viterbo, Western Illinois, Winona State, Wisconsin-Oshkosh, Wisconsin-Whitewater(Roto Grip)
Baker, Bethel, Fresno State, Louisiana State, Maryland Eastern Shore, Newman, Our Lady of the Lake, Robert Morris-Peoria, Texas A&M, UC-Davis, West Texas A&M(Storm), Wichita State, William Penn
Sectional assignments are based on the Team Ranking System points earned in USBC Collegiate-certified competition throughout the season. USBC Collegiate attempts to place no more than two of the top eight schools and no more than four of the top 16 schools in a sectional based on final TRS totals. Sectional qualifier fields are determined by taking geographic distance, economics and field size into consideration.
The sectionals will consist of 32 Baker games each day for a total of 64 Baker games. The top four teams based on total pinfall in each division following the completion of competition at each sectional will advance to the 2011 USBC Intercollegiate Team Championships.
In addition, these four locations will host qualifying for the 2010 USBC Intercollegiate Singles Championships on March 11. Competitors at each of the four sectional events will bowl six games with 24 men and 16 women - the top four men and top four women at each sectional plus eight additional selections from the men's field based on size of field at each location - advancing to the national singles tournament on May 23-24 at AMF Euless in Euless, Texas.
Story from USBC Communications
- 2/28/2011: Uzelac Classic February Tournament Results
- 2/28/2011: A Classic Duke Victory...by Louie Wemett
- 2/27/2011: Never say Die.....Duke Defeats Major Mika for Second U.S Open Crown...
- 2/27/2011: Thriller!
- 2/26/2011: Duke One Win Away from U.S Open Title...Ryan Roars back...
- 2/25/2011: Norm Duke Rockets to Lead at U.S Open
- 2/25/2011: U.S Bowler All American Team
- 2/25/2011: Storm Brewing at U.S Open
- 2/25/2011: Storm College Teams Highlight Sectional Qualifying
- 2/24/2011: Norm Duke Makes a Move at U.S Open
- 2/23/2011: Andres Gomez Tops the List of Storm Staffers in Round One
- 2/23/2011: Storm's Nanotechnology Makes Mention In The Wall Street Journal
- 2/22/2011: Wimer, Haynes Take Southern Nevada Bowling Tournament Titles...
- 2/22/2011: Al-Hashimi Crowned Champion of 8th Bevida-Storm Challenge...
- 2/22/2011: Robert Smith Nips George Frilingos for Euro-Med Storm International Masters Title..
- 2/21/2011: Pete Weber Interview
- 2/21/2011: Storm Staffers Gunning for Open Title...
- 2/18/2011: 'Easy Ed' Roberts'...High Roller Senior Superstar!
- 2/16/2011: The Schlemer Report - USBC Masters
- 2/15/2011: Uzelac Classic Results - January 2011
- 2/15/2011: George Frilingos Wins Televised Tournament In Australia
- 2/14/2011: Ed Roberts Rolls To Second High Roller Title...
- 2/13/2011: Tom Hess Delivers...Rides the Virtual Gravity™ Nano to Masters Title...
- 2/12/2011: Jurek Earns Top Seed at the Masters...
- 2/11/2011: Storm Warning....Hess, Warren, Jurek and DeVaney are Left in Winner's Bracket...
- 2/11/2011: David Pavilack, Scott Pohl Take VIP, Sweeper Titles at February High Roller
- 2/10/2011: Storm staffer Tom Hess Buries Walter Ray Williams Jr. in the Winner's Bracket
- 2/10/2011: Storm's Ralph Solan, Steve Kloempken Make the Cut to 65 at the Masters...
- 2/09/2011: Steven Smith Takes the High Roller "A" Game...
- 2/09/2011: Belmonte Leads the Storm Staffers at the USBC Masters
- 2/08/2011: Ron Nelson Wins February High Roller Opening Day Sweeper
- 2/08/2011: Reno, National Bowling Stadium, Ready for the Masters...
- 2/08/2011: Storm VP Hank Boomershine Talks Bowling On Blogtalk Radio
- 2/06/2011: 2011 USBC Masters Schedule
- 2/06/2011: Bemonte, Chris Paul Double Down at Celebrity Invitational
- 2/04/2011: 2011 February High Roller Ready for Takeoff at Sam's Town...
- 2/04/2011: Weber Eyes the Masters...
- 2/03/2011: World Bowling Tour Finals to be Televised...
- 2/03/2011: New Product Release Announcement - Virtual Gravity™ Nano!
- 2/02/2011: The Schlemer Report - Earl Anthony Memorial Classic
- 2/02/2011: Storm Staffer Donna Conners Wins Texas Senior Queens
- 2/01/2011: The Otago Family Loves Storm!
- 2/01/2011: Chris Paul PBA Celebrity Invitational, Sponsored by Storm Products, Airs Sunday on ESPN