Bowling News USA - January 11, 2011 Now Available - The Storm Marvel and The Storm Victory Road!
Storm is excited to announce the release of two new products! The Marvel™ and the Victory Road™ hit pro shop shelves today. These hot new products are sure to take the world by Storm!!!
The Master Line features new technology with strong, dynamic core shapes that are sure to help all bowlers looking to “master” the sport of bowling.
With its strong dynamics and bold coverstock, the original Prodigy™ really struck a chord with bowlers and pro shops around the world. The pro shop professionals quickly gained confidence in drilling the Prodigy while bowlers loved its strong yet predictable motion.
With the next Prodigy, the intent is to create a motion that is more aggressive, especially in oil, than the original version. Looking at the success of the original Virtual Gravity™, it’s clear that bowlers love to see a strong midlane roll that doesn’t quit on the backend, so that is our goal!
In order for the new Marvel to live up to its name, we used the reputable R2X™ coverstock, a strong solid reactive blend made famous on the original Virtual Gravity. With the chosen 2000-grit Abralon® finish, R2X manages the midlane like a champ, and if you listen to Norm Duke’s interviews you will hear him talk about “transition” and “break point.” These key points are DIRECTLY related to the surface of the ball, the most critical part as it actually touches the lane!
Looking inside the new Marvel, the Centripetal™ core’s unique shape has several advantages for both ball driller and bowler. Pro shops love the fact that this core produces similar motion with a variety of layouts. The RG values don’t change as much as other shapes on the market!
At the same time, bowlers love the fast-revving, low RG design that creates more total ball motion.
If you’re a bowler, you love to see hook!
From the PBA tour to international championships, the Hy-Road™ has won the world over. Thanks to the effective Fe2™ technology found inside, the Hy-Road was bred to mow pins over with reckless abandon.
The versatility of the Hy-Road’s R2S™ hybrid coverstock matched up for a variety of players, but it allowed us the room to develop a ball with a more defined breakpoint, increasing the backend reaction, without losing the ball motion which bowlers came to love.
In addition, the intent of the new Thunder Line release is to extend the original core technology even further—seeing what we can do to make the best even better.
We were looking for a versatile piece with a strong motion down lane. As we designed the new Victory Road, we first considered the core and then the coverstock.
The success of the original Hy-Road was due in part to the core shape that created a roll pattern with ample flare that just seemed to always “get the job done.” And while it can be challenging to improve upon perfection, the updated inverted Fe3™ technology in the new Victory Road does just that.
Wrapping the re-engineered Fe3 weight block with the proper shell material is essential to realizing the benefits of both! So we chose the reliable and proven R2S material for its ability to handle a wide variety of lane conditions. With the Victory Road’s straight pearl mixture, you’ll go deep in the pocket while reaching shallow into your pockets!
In conclusion, Storm® continues to develop innovative technology combined with fine workmanship.
That’s why we are “The Bowler’s Company.”
- 1/30/2011: Ciminelli Wins First PBA Title in Dublin...
- 1/29/2011: Pete Weber will Make a Run at 36th PBA Title Sunday...
- 1/28/2011: PBA's Tournament of Champions is the Talk of the Sports World...
- 1/27/2011: Storm's Dominic Barrett Named World Bowling Writer's Bowler of the Year...
- 1/27/2011: Storm's Kirsten Penny Elected to World Bowling Writer's Hall of Fame...
- 1/26/2011: The Schlemer Report - Tournament of Champions
- 1/25/2011: Winners Of The King Pin Scratch Open Sponsored By Storm
- 1/23/2011: Pedersen, Eagle and Nicholson Enter PBA Hall of Fame
- 1/22/2011: Major Mika Wins PBA Tournament of Champions
- 1/21/2011: Tom Daughtery, Andres Gomez will Represent the Storm Nation in T of C Finals...$250,000 on the Line for First Place!
- 1/20/2011: Storm's Andres Gomez Makes a Big Move at T of C...
- 1/20/2011: Osku Hangs Tough as Matchplay begins at the 2011 PBA Tournament of Champions...
- 1/20/2011: Tournament of Champions Field will be Cut to 24 Today...Osku Leads the Staffers...
- 1/19/2011: 2011 Military Bowling Championships Report
- 1/19/2011: Field Narrowed to 53 players at the 2011 PBA Tournament of Champions...
- 1/19/2011: Storm Cares - Strikes for Sy
- 1/18/2011: Storm's Osku Palermaa in Control at PBA Tournament of Champions
- 1/18/2011: Osku - Norm Showdown in Vegas... $250,000 to the PBA's T of C winner...
- 1/17/2011: One Million Dollar PBA Tournament of Champions Lifts Off
- 1/17/2011: 2011 Military Bowling Championships Underway in Las Vegas
- 1/15/2011: Barnes Downs O'Neill for PBA World Championship Crown...
- 1/14/2011: Jodi Woessner Wins Ohio Queens
- 1/12/2011: Lil Wayne, Nelly, Reggie Bush Join Field for Chris Paul PBA Celebrity Invitational on Super Bowl Sunday
- 1/12/2011: Storm and Las Vegas Bowling Supply Team Up To Support The Fight Against Juvenile Diabetes.
- 1/12/2011: Learn To Bowl From Storm Staffer and Hall Of Famer Norm Duke!
- 1/11/2011: Now Available - The Storm Marvel and The Storm Victory Road!
- 1/10/2011: Osku, Jason and Wes Ready for PBA World Championship Brawl
- 1/10/2011: Storm Announces The Winner Of The Anarchy Pledge Contest
- 1/10/2011: USBC NEWS: Boyle, Pluhowsky Take Team USA Trials Titles
- 1/10/2011: The Best of the Best Just Got Better
- 1/08/2011: Riggs Gets the "Call."
- 1/06/2011: Diandra Asbaty Officially Signs Contract With Storm
- 1/06/2011: Asbaty Maintains Lead At Team USA Trials
- 1/05/2011: Asbaty Leads Opening Round at Team USA Trials
- 1/04/2011: The Schlemer Report - Shark Championship