Bowling News USA - January 6, 2011 Diandra Asbaty Officially Signs Contract With Storm
Storm Products, Inc. is excited to announce the signing of Diandra Asbaty to its Storm Staff of Champions! Asbaty, who recently had her first child, is currently leading the women’s portion of the Team USA trials being held at Sunset Station in Las Vegas. “We are very pleased to add Diandra to our team.” commented Dave Symes, President of Storm. “She has a wealth of experience and is very well respected in the industry.”
Asbaty has a long list of accomplishments including:
- Over 50 international medals
- Team USA member from 1999-2007
- World Bowler of the Year 2007
- World Cup Champions 2006
- Malaysian Open Champion 2006
- National Amateur Champion 1999, 2006
- Inducted into the World Bowling Hall Of Fame 2005
- World Ranking Masters Champion 2004
- BJI Amateur Bowler Of The Year 2000, 2001, 2003, 2006
- USOC Athlete of the Year 2000, 2003
- World Champion 2003
“Diandra is not just a great female bowler, but a great ambassador for our sport. “ commented Kristy King, Marketing Specialist for Storm. “As a fellow female in the bowling industry, I am proud to now call her a teammate. She will be a great addition to the Storm Nation.”
Diandra graduated from the University of Nebraska with a degree in Advertising. She was a part of the 1999 and 2001 National Championship bowling team. She also earned the Collegiate Player of the Year in 2000 and was a first team All American from 2000-2002.
“I am excited to have Diandra as a part of the Storm family.” commented Chris Schlemer, Storm’s PBA Tour Consultant. “She is a great competitor who is very recognizable around the world.”
Stay tuned to Stormbowling.com for more information on Asbaty’s quest to rejoin Team USA in 2011.
- 1/30/2011: Ciminelli Wins First PBA Title in Dublin...
- 1/29/2011: Pete Weber will Make a Run at 36th PBA Title Sunday...
- 1/28/2011: PBA's Tournament of Champions is the Talk of the Sports World...
- 1/27/2011: Storm's Dominic Barrett Named World Bowling Writer's Bowler of the Year...
- 1/27/2011: Storm's Kirsten Penny Elected to World Bowling Writer's Hall of Fame...
- 1/26/2011: The Schlemer Report - Tournament of Champions
- 1/25/2011: Winners Of The King Pin Scratch Open Sponsored By Storm
- 1/23/2011: Pedersen, Eagle and Nicholson Enter PBA Hall of Fame
- 1/22/2011: Major Mika Wins PBA Tournament of Champions
- 1/21/2011: Tom Daughtery, Andres Gomez will Represent the Storm Nation in T of C Finals...$250,000 on the Line for First Place!
- 1/20/2011: Storm's Andres Gomez Makes a Big Move at T of C...
- 1/20/2011: Osku Hangs Tough as Matchplay begins at the 2011 PBA Tournament of Champions...
- 1/20/2011: Tournament of Champions Field will be Cut to 24 Today...Osku Leads the Staffers...
- 1/19/2011: 2011 Military Bowling Championships Report
- 1/19/2011: Field Narrowed to 53 players at the 2011 PBA Tournament of Champions...
- 1/19/2011: Storm Cares - Strikes for Sy
- 1/18/2011: Storm's Osku Palermaa in Control at PBA Tournament of Champions
- 1/18/2011: Osku - Norm Showdown in Vegas... $250,000 to the PBA's T of C winner...
- 1/17/2011: One Million Dollar PBA Tournament of Champions Lifts Off
- 1/17/2011: 2011 Military Bowling Championships Underway in Las Vegas
- 1/15/2011: Barnes Downs O'Neill for PBA World Championship Crown...
- 1/14/2011: Jodi Woessner Wins Ohio Queens
- 1/12/2011: Lil Wayne, Nelly, Reggie Bush Join Field for Chris Paul PBA Celebrity Invitational on Super Bowl Sunday
- 1/12/2011: Storm and Las Vegas Bowling Supply Team Up To Support The Fight Against Juvenile Diabetes.
- 1/12/2011: Learn To Bowl From Storm Staffer and Hall Of Famer Norm Duke!
- 1/11/2011: Now Available - The Storm Marvel and The Storm Victory Road!
- 1/10/2011: Osku, Jason and Wes Ready for PBA World Championship Brawl
- 1/10/2011: Storm Announces The Winner Of The Anarchy Pledge Contest
- 1/10/2011: USBC NEWS: Boyle, Pluhowsky Take Team USA Trials Titles
- 1/10/2011: The Best of the Best Just Got Better
- 1/08/2011: Riggs Gets the "Call."
- 1/06/2011: Diandra Asbaty Officially Signs Contract With Storm
- 1/06/2011: Asbaty Maintains Lead At Team USA Trials
- 1/05/2011: Asbaty Leads Opening Round at Team USA Trials
- 1/04/2011: The Schlemer Report - Shark Championship