Bowling News USA - November 25, 2014 Nebraska wins 2014 NCAA Kat Klash
The Cornhuskers kicked off the championship tilt with eight consecutive strikes on their way to a 275-197 victory in the first match, and were up 3-1 in the best-of-seven Baker finals entering the fifth game. Arkansas State fought off elimination with wins of 151-149 and 209-180 to force the deciding game for the title.
Nebraska started the final game with six out of the first seven strikes and never looked back, capturing the title, 4-3, with a 226-161 win.
The Cornhuskers defeated Stephen F. Austin, 4-0, and Central Missouri, 4-2, to meet up with Arkansas State in the championship match. Arkansas State bested Central Missouri, 4-3, in the opening round of bracket play to secure a spot in the final match.
A total of 18 teams made their way to Houston for the event, hosted by Sam Houston State, which featured six Baker matches Friday and six team game matches Saturday to determine the seeding for Sunday's match-play bracket.
Photo | SpazzMonkey | spazzmonkey.com
- 11/25/2014: Nebraska wins 2014 NCAA Kat Klash
- 11/25/2014: Hy-Road gives Oma Neal her highest game ever at a young 65
- 11/25/2014: Forkel, Ruffner win 1st Annual Laughlin Mixed Doubles title
- 11/24/2014: Maldonado, Fagan finish top 4 at PBA Dallas Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeons Southwest Open
- 11/24/2014: 5-days to be thankful for during our Thanksgiving Sale, official start of holiday shopping season
- 11/24/2014: Korea’s Song Si Ra wins It's Daejeon International Open, first-ever woman WBT “major” title champion
- 11/23/2014: BowlerX.com: Storm IQ Tour Nano ball video review
- 11/22/2014: PBA Spare Shots: Canada’s Dan MacLelland Bids for First PBA Tour Title in Korea
- 11/21/2014: Youngest person to ever bowl a 300 game shows talkshow host how to bowl
- 11/21/2014: PBA News: Buffalo area PBA players struggling through historic snowball