Storm Nation - October 14, 2013 Storm Hy-Road Pearl Review
Name: Sean Baker
Storm Product: Hyroad Pearl
Accomplishment: Review for Hyroad Pearl from Pro Shop Staff Sean Baker
Pro Shop/Driller: Bowl Like A Pro Shop/Sean Baker
Bowling Center: Cardinal Lanes Strike N Spare,, Paducah, KY
"Storm Hy-Road Pearl PAP – 5 over and ½ up Ball Speed: 15-17 mph Rev Rate 300-350 Right Handed Layout: Simply straight up with the pin above both fingers Surface Preparation: OTB What I wanted from this Ball: A compliment to the Hyroad. I wanted this ball to be clean through the heads and make a left hand turn when it got down the lane. Result: The exact compliment to the Hy-Road I expected being very clean through the heads and a strong backend reaction. I tested this ball on our typical house shot which is a non forgiving pattern. 18ft of gutter to gutter oil and buffed another 12ft. Keep in mind, we also have wood lanes. Our typical house shot is pretty tough and over a period of 6 games, an out of bounds forms on the lanes and a dry middle creating over under effect. The first 3 games on a fresh oil pattern, I found this ball to work well playing our dryer mid section of the lanes and not getting it out past 10. I was impressed by the hitting power and strong backend snap. I was able to even get it a little wide and get back to the pocket with force. I bowled another 5 games and found myself moving extreme left and still playing around 8-10 board and not losing my good clean front end roll and length while keeping the hard snap at the pocket. Over the course of another 5-8 games, I was actually able to move right and start playing our out of bounds somewhat and utilize the oil that had pushed to the outside portion of our lanes. I did have to stay away from the middle portion of the lane because the shot became too dry for this ball at this time. I was very surprised to find that I could actually play up the outside and still have the same hard snap reaction on the backed I got from the middle. I am convinced this ball does exactly as it is designed to do. Since I have gotten a bit older and don’t rev the ball like I used too, this is one pearl ball that I have total confidence in the carry and backend reaction. I have the original Hy-Road and use it a lot and this ball will definitely be right beside it in the bag when my shot dries up. Overall opinion: A pretty awesome ball! I have sold several of these balls in my pro shop and drilled many different layouts. I suggest simply straight up or nothing fancy when laying this ball out due to the awesome backend reaction and clean roll through the heads. Sean Baker Roto Grip/Storm Pro Shop Staff Bowl Like a Pro Shop Paducah, Ky 42001"
- 10/30/2013: Wayne Schanke Red Hot with Storm and Roto Grip!
- 10/27/2013: Two 300's in One Week!
- 10/27/2013: Josh Bofelli Fires First 700 Series with Modern Marvel.
- 10/26/2013: Bob Hubbard Throws The Last 11 for a 290!
- 10/26/2013: Jimmy Stravino Rolls a 300 Game with Reign of Power!
- 10/24/2013: On the Victory Road
- 10/24/2013: Loving the BYTE!!!!
- 10/23/2013: Finally Another 300!
- 10/22/2013: 300 with the SYNC™!
- 10/22/2013: Mark Eli Shoots 817 with BYTE™!
- 10/18/2013: First 300 With Crossroad™!
- 10/14/2013: Storm BYTE™ Review
- 10/14/2013: Storm Hy-Road Pearl Review
- 10/11/2013: Jeff Gable Fires 300 with CrossRoad™!
- 10/11/2013: Smith Fires 300 with BYTE™
- 10/09/2013: Two 300's in Three Weeks!
- 10/08/2013: Dave Gifford Rolls 299 with the Hy-Road Pearl!
- 10/07/2013: Future Member of the Storm Nation!
- 10/05/2013: 300 with the SYNC™!
- 10/05/2013: Fantastic with the Freak'n Frantic™!
- 10/04/2013: Staffer John Randazzo Sets House Record with Reign On™!
- 10/02/2013: Mark Eli Fires 300 with the BYTE!
- 10/01/2013: Marvelous with the Marvel-S!