- Home Town: Gothenburg, Sweden
- Birth Date: 8/3/1979
- Throws: Right
- Ball Weight: 15 lbs.
- 300 Games: 33
- Career Earnings: $82,571
- Positive Axis Point: 4 5/16" over
I enjoy spending time with my girlfriend Diana and our two kids Isabella (1) and our newborn Emilia. I like to golf and my favorite food is a good steak! I listen to Nickelback, Metallica, Volbeat and Iron Maiden.
Martin's latest win came at the 2013 9th Storm San Marino Open. He also teamed with Mika Koivuniemi, Stuart Williams and Dom Barrett to win the 2013 Weber Cup.
- 9th Storm San Marino Open Champion
- 2013 Weber Cup Champion
- 2012 EBT Masters Champion Munich, Germany
- 2012 GBG Tour Finals Champion Kungsbacka, Sweden
- 2012 Cashback Tour Finals Champion Helsingborg, Sweden
- 2012 GBG Tour Eriksberg, Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2nd 2012 Bowl Tech Aalborg International Aalborg, Denmark
- 3rd PBA Dick Weber Playoffs Indianapolis, USA
- 3rd 8th San Marino Open Serrevalla, San Marino
- 3rd European Championship Three-piece Vienna, Austria
- 3rd European Championship Five-a-Side Vienna, Austria
- 3rd GBG Tour Kungälv, Sweden
- 3rd PBA Member / Non-Member Doubles Las Vegas, Nevada
- 4th Trofeu Internacional Ciutat de Barcelona Barcelona, Spain
- 5th PBA Cheetah Open, Fountain Valley, United States
- 5th 2012 Kuwait Open Kuwait City
- 5th BCN Open Bratislava, Slovakia
- 6th AIK International Tournament Stockholm, Sweden
- 10th PBA Ricart Ford Open Columbus, Ohio
- Super Sixxxxxx Champion Jonkoping, Sweden
- Trofeu Internacional Ciutat de Barcelona Champion Barcelona, Spain
- 2nd EBT Masters Slovenia
- 3rd European Championship Doubles Munich, Germany
- 3rd Kuwait Open Kuwait City
- 3rd European Championship Team Munich, Germany
- 5th Super Sixxxxxx Skovde, Sweden
- 5th BCN Open Bratislava, Slovakia
- 5th European Championship Trios Munich, Germany
- 18th PBA US Open New Jersey
- 27th USBC Masters Reno, Nevada
- Potatismaran Champion Sweden
- Ytterbyslaget Champion Sweden
- GBG Tour Kungsbacka Champion Sweden
- O'Learys Super Sixxxxxx Tournament Champion Skovde, Sweden
- 2nd OIS International Super Sixxxxxx Goteborg, Sweden
- 2nd Super Sixxxxxx Shoot-Out Sweden
- 2nd Swedish Ranking Championship Jonkoping, Sweden
- 3rd Paskaslaget 2010 Kvanum, Sweden
- 5th AIK Super Sixxxxxx Stockholm, Sweden
- 6th Malmo Super Sixxxxxx Sweden
- 6th PBA Scorpion Championship Las Vegas, Nevada
- Swedish Championship Final Champion Sweden
- Potatismaran Champion Alingsas, Sweden
- Kuwait Open Champion Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Brunswick Aalborg International Denmark
- 2009 Weber Cup Winning Team Member
- 4th EBT Tour Finals Europe
- 4th Potatismaran Sweden
- Brunswick Belgian Open Champion Ghent, Belgium
- Swedish Ranking Finals Champion Sweden
- Skara Open Champion Sweden
- Ebonite International Luxembourg Open Luxembourg, Germany
- AIK Super Sixxxxxx Champion Sweden
- 2nd AMF World Cup Hermosillo, Mexico
- 2nd WC Doubles Thailand
- 2nd Kuwait Open Kuwait City, Kuwait
- 2nd Super Sixxxxxx Jonkoping, Sweden
- 3rd Hammer Bronzen Schietspoel Tournament Netherlands
- 4th EBT Finals
- 5th Qatar International Open Qatar
- Catalonia Open Champion Barcelona, Spain
- Malmo Super Sixxxxxx Champion Sweden
- 2nd Jonkoping Super Sixxxxxx Sweden
- 2nd Skara Open Sweden
- 3rd EBT Finals Europe
- 3rd Trofeu International Ciutat de Barcelona Barcelona, Spain
- 4th OIS Open Guthenburg, Sweden
- 4th Maribor Open Slovenia
- Olympia Tournament Champion Helsingborg
- Vodafone Malta Open Championship Champion Malta
- 2009 National Championships Singles
- 2007 European Mens Championships Five Team
- 2006 World Championships Doubles
- 2003 World Championships Five Team
- 2002 Youth Championships Four Team
- 2001 Nordic Championships Five Team
- 1997 Nordic Youth Championships Five Team
- National Championships Team (2003-2009)
- 2009 European Mens Championships Five Team
- 2009 European Mens Championships Doubles
- 2008 World Championships Doubles
- 2007 European Mens Championships All Events
- 2007 European Mens Championships Doubles
- 2003 World Tenpin Team Cup Five Team
- 2002 European Cup Teams Five Team
- 2011 European Mens Championships Five Team
- 2011 European Mens Championships Doubles
- 2009 European Champions Cup Singles
- 2009 European Mens Championships Trios
- 2003 World Championships Doubles
- 2002 World Youth Championships Singles
|Season||Events||Cashes||Match Play||TV Finals||Titles||Avg.||Earnings|
When I'm not on the PBA Tour or EBT I try to practice at least 3 times per week and workout 2 times per week. My workout usually consists of running and a light body routine. I try to bowl on as many different patterns as I can and I'm always working on my release and swing.
1. You have bowled all over the world. What is the best country you have ever bowled in excluding the US? I like bowling all over the world! I like Spain as a country overall and also to bowl there, but the one time, I bowled the Weber Cup in England was for sure one of the best times I’ve ever had on a bowling lane One other thing I LOVE are the team championships of the Swedish league, that is something unique! The bowling center is packed with fans and they scream, play drums and sings like crazy!!
2. Do you have any interesting superstitions or routines you go through before, during, or after bowling? What is the most interesting superstition or routine you have seen from another bowler on tour? No I don’t have to many my self, I do see a lot of diffrent things. Special colors on socks, towel on a special place before every shot, same type of food before every block and so on.
3. What is the best advice you have for a teenage bowler looking to make a career out of bowling? There are no short cuts. Practice and knowledge about the game takes time, but if you really want to become a great bowler thats the way to go!
4. When do you know when you need to change bowling balls? 3 diffrent things/times:
* When the ball dosent go thru the pins (carries) the right way, like leaving 10 pins.
* When it hooks to early or to much.
* When I move lanes and I’ve seen that the bowlers on that pair were playing a part of the lane that force me to move or change ball.
5. If you had one piece of advice for bowlers trying to elevate their game to a higher level, what would it be? Try to get a good coach and go bowl a lot, learn the about lane patterns and bowling balls. Bowl against the best!!
6. How do you block out distractions around you during tournament play? I try to only focus on my next shot, thats the only shot i can do anything about!! I don’t like to look at to many other bowlers or the scores.
7. What is one valuable life lesson that you learned while on the PBA Tour that you believe would benefit the most people? Pay respect to the game and the other bowlers, then thay will respect you. Always be open minded, there is a lot to learn out there!
8. Are there any particular songs or band that you listen to before you bowl to help you get pumped? Not really, I don’t listen to much music before i bowl. I do like to lsiten to music in the car on the way to the bowl and then it’s rock bands like Metallica, Nickelback, Iron Maiden, Volbeat and AC/DC.
9. If you got to choose a superhero ability, what would it be? Well I guess many of us would like to not have to stand in all the lines at the airport so be able to fly would be great.
10. What or who got you started in the sport of bowling? My dad played and he took me to the bowl. I started when I was around 10 years old and for 5-6 years I also played soccer and some other sports. From 16-17 I’ve been bowling more and more.
3/12/2014: A Rash, Belmonte Showdown Brewing in Kuwait
10/14/2013: Europe Over USA at Weber Cup